#SatSpanks & #Wewriwa: One my favorite Breeder moments…

CB_Breeder_coverinWelcome to Saturday Spankings & Weekend Writing Warriors. I’m continuing with eight-sentence snippets from Breeder, my sci-fi romance, until the end of the year. With the new year, I’ll switch to something else, maybe Breeder 2: Terran. Not saying I will, but maybe…

Anyway, I put my characters through the paces in Breeder. Although Parseon society is hardest on the women, the men did not escape hardship. Here is one my favorite moments when I made hero Dak suffer:

Dak stood at attention and waited. Before he saw, he heard the guard’s approach, recognized the cadence of his march, of boot hitting road, and hearkened for Omra’s lighter step but caught a huffing sound as if the guard carried a burden.

Into the light stepped Kumar with a bloodstained, battered body slung over his shoulder.

“NO!” Dak roared, pain and rage exploding in his chest.

“I have found her,” Kumar had said.

By all that he ruled, he had assumed that had meant alive and well.

Thank you for visiting! Please visit the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors.

Breeder Blurb

To secure his legacy, Commander Dak, a ruling Alpha of planet Parseon, purchases Omra, a breeder slave. He intends to impregnate her, produce a son, and hand her off to his anointed beta partner. As Dak and Omra discover a sexual bliss banned by law, he begins to question the traditions and ways of his people, causing him to jeopardize his command and endanger the life of the woman he has come to love.

Breeder contains M/F and M/M sexual practices and domestic discipline.

Breeder on Amazon ♥ On Barnes & Noble ♥ On ARe

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to #SatSpanks & #Wewriwa: One my favorite Breeder moments…

Dak’s love for Omra was so beautiful!

2. Oh I have this book on my kindle. I hope I have enough time to read it soon. Great snippet Cara. 🙂

3. I remember this scene and I would disagree that Parseon was harder on women. If you were the average male, yes, but for men like Dak – I think it must be twice the burden when you care for someone. But that’s my romantic side.

Looking forward to the next installment. 🙂

4. Emily Tilton says:

Really dramatic, Cara! Dak’s character is so well done.

5. Leigh Smith says:

I loved how Dak constantly fought with his “feelings”.

6. PK Corey says:

Okay, I have to read. I have to know exactly what’s going on. This book is creeping into my brain even before I’ve had the chance to sit and read it through.

7. Dak is such a wonderful character. I love how you took an Alpha (in this case so named :D) and made him a full character

8. Dak’s feelings for Omra are hard for him to deal with and you show that beautifully in selections like this. Great book, so much to experience from beginning to end.

9. Powerful eight. I caught my breath when reading the description of the body slung over his shoulder.

10. Eleri Stone says:

The strength of his emotion comes through so clearly. Poor guy. Poor Omra:(

11. Powerful excerpt from a book with so many intense scenes. I’ve been putting this on my list of 2013 Favorites every time anyone asks me, was really a terrific read. Can’t wait for the next in the series!

12. Sarah Cass says:

Such an intense and powerful moment. Beautiful scene.

13. Gemma Parkes says:

I think it was naive of him to expect her to be found safe, powerful snippet.

14. Millie Burns says:

Oh you heartstring tugger. I hope she can be saved!

15. Marcia says:

oh no, awfulness! I like how suddenly you show his reaction, there’s no buildup to ease the shock for the readers. Great excerpt.

16. Intense scene! Thanks for sharing.

17. Kate Warren says:

How awful! But just because she’s bloody doesn’t mean she’s past all hope.

18. Evelyn Jules says:

Guh. You kill me with your descriptions and your imagery! Awesome eight, Cara!

19. Love this snippet, Cara. Even if Omra is alive, she definitely isn’t well and his horror over her condition is palpable. She may be expendable in their society, but not to him, and I’ve a feeling rules-be-damned, someone was going to pay for hurting her.

20. I have the feeling that if Kumar did something to her, he is going to have a very hard time just now.

21. Poor Dak! Hooray for Breeder 2. 🙂