Saturday Spankings…the things she’ll do for research…

CB_FalsePretenses_coverinWelcome to Saturday Spankings! This month is my five-year anniversary. Although I’d had a couple of titles published, my erotic romance writing careeer didn’t really get started until the Rod and Cane Society domestic discipline series came out. During July, each week for Saturday Spankings, I’m going to feature a snippet from a different Rod and Cane Book.

This week is False Pretenses, Rod and Cane book 2.

She would participate for her story. Period. During the silent drive home, she’d mulled over their earlier conversation about spanking. She couldn’t help but wonder what it would feel like to have Dan strike her ass with his strong hands. The idea didn’t turn her off as much as she had expected it would, and realizing that, she decided she would be remiss if she didn’t experience a spanking for the Rod and Cane column. Even though she’d done the research, her knowledge was all on paper—she didn’t know. She could only surmise from what other women had told her. She had secondhand facts.

False Pretenses on Amazon

False Pretenses Blurb

Freelance journalist Emma Dupree needs a sensational story to boost her career and free her from the corporate hell of her day job. She finds her blockbuster in the Rod and Cane Society, an organization that encourages men to spank their spouses and goes undercover to expose the kinky perversions. Fearing she could be scooped by a rival reporter, she keeps a tight lid on her story, not even telling her new boyfriend.

Dan Tanner knows all about keeping secrets. He’s a member of the kinky perv organization Emma is striving to expose. This real estate agent has a major spanking fetish and would like nothing more than to get his hands on Emma’s ass, but fears rejection from his sexy new lady who insists she’s 100 percent pure vanilla.

They’re both operating under False Pretenses. Who will be the first to lose their cover and when Emma loses hers, will she let Dan discipline her for it?

Please visit the other authors of Saturday Spankings.

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Saturday Spankings…the things she’ll do for research…

1. Leigh Smith says:

I loved this series from the first foray into the Rod & Cane Society.

2. Every writer has to do their research! Great snippet Cara and congrats on your five years 🙂

3. Emily Tilton says:

Such a great set-up! Congrats on the authorversary!

4. PK Corey says:

I agree – everything should learn first hand. I’ll be doing some reading here.

5. Mary Wehr says:

Love your books, Cara!

6. Tara Finnegan says:

Congratulations on five years Cara. What an achievement.
    One of the Rod and Cane series was my introduction to spanking fiction. Fab series.

7. Audrey Carballo says:

The Rod and Cain series was amazing.
    I could feast on that for a long time.
    I enjoy all of your books and look for you as an author.

8. Joyce says:

I’m visiting from the Weekend Warriors and finding myself a little surprised by the content, but it sounds interesting, none-the-less. Anyway, I’m leaving before anyone peeks over my shoulder. *Blush* Ironically, my post is closer to yours than probably many others, anyway because it involves a kid in trouble who is preparing to get it. *Blush* again.

I have a different post going up on Sunday for Weekend Writing Warriors. I do two snippet hops each weekend. Thank you for visiting.

9. Congratulations on your five year authorversary (love the new word). Your Rod and Cane series were the first books of yours I read, and they made me an instant fan. Keep up the good work, Cara.

10. Great snippet and congrats on your 5 year anniversary!

11. I came here from the WeWriWa site, although I see you do a 2nd post each weekend, so I will try to return.
    However, I do get the impression that Emma is trying to justify her desire, maybe she THOUGHT she had to be pure vanilla but would really rather add some spice?
    Congrats on the 5 years.