Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: A revealing moment from Warrior…

How do you show the effect society has on its people? In small, revealing moments. Like this one from Warrior, the third and final book in the Breeder sci-fi romance series. We are in the hero’s POV (Urazi):

Coming in the fall 2014-- Warrior (Breeder 3), the end of the trilogy.

Coming in the fall 2014– Warrior (Breeder 3), the end of the trilogy.

Her teeth flashed white in a tremulous smile, then she scooted upwards, and ran her hand over the lightscan. The room remained shrouded. She waved again.

They always engaged in their perversions cloaked by darkness. Though unlikely Marlix or Tara would investigate, he had no desire for his shameful transgressions to be discovered.

“Leave it,” he said.

“I wish to see your face.” Anika persisted and palmed the lightscan again.

“You do not have authorization to turn the lights on in my chamber,” he explained.

Warrior has been submitted to Loose Id. I anticipate publication in the fall.

Warrior blurb

A female fighting for freedom. A male armed with determination. Can they save their people?

As a despotic Qalin marches through Parseon intent on conquering every province, Commander Marlix pledges his sister to another Alpha to protect her. Desperate to decide her own fate, Anika flees and finds refuge with the guerilla resistance movement against Qalin. Marlix’s beta Urazi, a male of lesser status, tracks her intending to bring her home to fulfill her duty. But when love blossoms between them, and provinces fall to Qalin, Anika and Urazi realize home has ceased to exist and they alone are all that stand between the people of Parseon and the end of the world.

Thank you for visiting. Please check out the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors. For #SatSpanks, click on the links. For WeWriWa, click on the logo.

white wewriwa badge

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Saturday Spankings, #8Sunday: A revealing moment from Warrior…

1. Another great book to look forward to, Cara. Can’t wait.

2. Urazi is beta but with her, he’s an alpha – am I saying that right? Looking forward to this final book in the series although I am sad it will be the final book. When I first read Breeder, I thought I was getting one beautiful story and it’s become so much more not only with the three sets of characters, but the whole evolution of their world.

3. Leigh Smith says:

Looking forward to this last book in the series. It has been a great read.

4. Casey McKay says:

She doesn’t even have authorization for the lights?!? I have loved Anika since the first book, she better get an HEA or I may never speak to you again– that girl has been through enough!

5. PK Corey says:

I’m looking forward to this one. I loved the first two book and I’m happy that there will be a third. You don’t take it easy on your characters and the really come to life for you.

6. Melody Parks says:

Yay! So happy it’s with the publisher. I love, love, love this series.
    I love the pic you chose for Anika.

7. Rayanna Jamison says:

Congrats on getting it submitted!

8. OOh, way too short a snippet. Hurry up with that release date !!

9. He should give her her way! He might decide he likes the lights on. Great snippet Cara 🙂

10. Meka James says:

Congrats on submitting!!! Good luck with your release.

Enjoyed the 8 sad it seems like Anika isn’t good enough to be looked at. 🙁

I love a tough warrior female!!

12. She is a temptation he can’t resist and yet it is a transgression… He’s not going to give her any more power (authority) over him, even preventing her from turning on the lights is an act of male dominance. I have a feeling he is going to struggle with this one.

13. Nice way of using the lights to really highlight the male-female dynamics here. Great details, terrific writing as ever Cara!

14. Gemma Parkes says:

Is he a little shy underneath all that machismo? Get those lights on!

15. Sarah Cass says:

I’m really enjoying this one. I always think I won’t enjoy the snippets of the newest one as much as the last, but you always draw me in. I’m so intrigued by this pair!

16. I always love reading your snippets! You have very intriguing characters and scenes.
    Congratulations on submitting it to the publisher, I look forward to reading it in full.

17. Emily Tilton says:

Cara, you capture so much hotness in your diction! “Perversions” here works so very well!

18. A very revealing moment in so many ways – what power in a mere light switch. Terrific snippet, glad to hear the book is submitted, can’t WAIT to read it!

19. Oooh, I like this! I think I need to start reading this series.

20. Jenna Jaxon says:

So glad there’s another in this series (only one?). I hoped at the end of Terran these two would get together. Can’t wait for the release.

21. Anonymous says:

Congratulations on the submission.
    Held in check by a light switch – simple but effective 🙂

22. Dinah McLeod says:

Ooo, shiver. I love it when you can hear the authority from a simple sentence.

23. Tina Christopher says:

Congratulations on the submission. Love the interaction between the two and am excited to see Anika making demands;).

24. Caitlin says:

Not even authorized to turn on a light? That’s rough.