5 things I would NEVER do, and 5 things I might…

I would never, ever:

1. Sky dive. It looks like it would be a hell of a rush though. And while far more people land safely than go splat, why take the chance? I rode the “Freefall” ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Good enough for me.

This is not for me!

This is not for me!

2. Hang glide. For the same reasons above.
  3. Smoke a cigarette. Gross. Ick! Ick!
  4. Sunbathe without sunscreen. I don’t sunbathe period, and when I know I will be in the sun, I wear sunscreen. Even in winter. Yes, you can see the glow of my pasty white skin from space. The sky divers in that photo, are probably saying, “Look! There’s Cara!”
  5. Eat a worm. Not even for a million dollars. Worms gross me out.

I probably would not do these things, but under the right set of circumstances, I might:

1. Bungee jump. I would carefully evaluate the surroundings, the equipment, the operators and the participants. And then maybe. But probably not.
  2. Go into space. I watched on TV when the Challenger space shuttle blew up with school teacher Christa McAuliffe on board, but if NASA ever called me, how could I resist the opportunity? And I do write sci-fi, so I could probably deduct any expenses I incurred as research. 🙂
  3. Run for public office. When I was 13, I decided I wanted to be President of the
    Oh, look...shiny!

Oh, look…shiny!

United States. And then learned what the job really entailed. I am not enough of a “public servant” to sacrifice my personal goals for public ones, but would I ever run for mayor or city council? It’s possible. But I’m keeping my schedule open in case NASA calls.

4. Go on a reality TV show. In truth, I would probably love this—if I could find the right one. Naked and Afraid? Uh no. Survivor? Nope. Amazing Race? Too stressful. Real Housewives? They wouldn’t want me, I’m too boring.
  5. Flash my boobs for Mardi Gras. I don’t think I would do this. But in the spirit of the moment, never say never. Ooh, look…shiny beads…

Okay, fess up. Have you done any of these things? Would you like to? Which ones are your absolute nos? Spill it! One thing I will do without a doubt is award a $10 Amazon gift card when I post blog 1000. This is blog number 993. Somebody who has commented between Nov. 10 and the date of blog 999 (whenever it is) will win! It could be you.

♥ ♥ ♥

The rumors are true! I do have a New Release Newsletter. Or will have. The first issue will go out in mid-January with the release of Reasonable Doubts, a spanking new Rod and Cane Society romance. Heroine Liz Davenport meets her new man Grant Davis at the Mea Cuppa coffee shop. Newsletter subscribers will be entered into a drawing for a Rod and Cane coffee mug (see the connection?). The winner of said coffee mug will be announced in the first issue. (If you’ve already subscribed to the New Release Newsletter–thank you! You’re already entered in the drawing).

Newsletters will ONLY be emailed when I have a new release–approximately 4 to 6 times per year.

New Release Newsletter Signup

This entry was posted in Life 101 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to 5 things I would NEVER do, and 5 things I might…

1. Already signed up for your newsletter. 🙂 I might skydive. Maybe. I’ve gotten enough sunburns that I never sunbathe, and slather myself and my kids with sun screen when we’re going to spend a long period of time out in the sun. I would never smoke, go on reality TV, or run for public office. The rest, who knows? Great list!

Thanks, Jess. I saw your email on my subscriber list. Maybe we could get a sci-fi author group rate on a space station! LOL.

2. Lisa Medley says:

I would never plunge from any great height unless the conveyance was ON FIRE. I would totally do a reality show. I sent in a tape the third season of Survivor but I’m clearly too boring as well. I would totally flash my boobs. They are fabulous and the world deserves to know. Honestly, I am game for trying a lot at least once unless it’s obviously, stupidly dangerous. Carpe diem, baby!

3. Patty Devlin says:

What a fun post, Cara. I find I agree with you on almost all of your nos and yeahs.

Although, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to go into space, unless say, the lack of gravity up there would somehow dissapate ( I hope that is the right word) my fat butt and send me home again thinner

4. I would love to do reality TV. For the longest time, I wanted to be on The Real World (MTV). I’m too old now–my old age of 32 LOL. Big Brother fascinates me too. It’d only be worth it if I could at least make it to jury though. I’d want the full experience.

Keep smiling,
    Yawatta

I don’t think I’d ever make it to jury on Big Brother. I’d be the older one, the one everyone thinks of as “Mom.”

5. Liza O'Connor says:

Speaking from experience, sky diving and hang gliding are safer to you body than bungie jumping. The residual snapping after the initial jump and then hanging upside down waiting for rescue is very hard on your body. In NZ they tested the possibility of people jumping out of helicopters. Did about 2000 jumps with no problem. But then someone pointed out that IF the equipment broke and hit a person walking through the woods, unaware of what stupidity was going on above them, they could sue New Zealand and win. Thus, to the disappointment of many, bungie jumping out of a helicopter is no longer allowed in NZ. I’m sure somewhere in Africa they’ll do it.

6. Tara Finnegan says:

I admit to having been a smoker for years, and having had a hell of a battle to give it up. I think I would be hard pushed to ever smoke again though, because I know if I had even one, I would be right back at square one, fighting it all over again. I agree with the rest of your never evers!

On the mights, your first four are no ways for me! Flashing my boobs though? In general I would say no, except there is one day a year, where men and women meet at a secret location here in Ireland and all pose naked as part of a massive group to raise cancer awareness. If I ever manage to find out how to get on the list of people who get told the location, I would definitely do that, for 2 reasons:
    1. I am normally such a prude that I think it would be incredibly liberating to try it just once.
    2. It’s for a wonderful cause.

7. Kayla Lords says:

I would NEVER skydive, hang glide, OR go bungee jumping. I almost never just lay out in the sun anymore, but I do spend a lot of time in it (gotta love the Sunshine State) – and I’m really bad about remembering sunscreen.

I haven’t (yet) but I could possibly be persuaded to flash my boobs. I’ve danced on Bourbon street with a drink in my hand, so why not? 🙂

8. Jule Kijek says:

I have to agree on the no smoking. I tried 2 puffs when I was in 8th grade at the urging of my BFF. I darn near coughed up a lung. Told her never again and not to ask me again. She’s a pack a day smoker and I can’t even add up all the money I saved over the years by never having started.

Now I would definitely flash my boob during Mardi Gras. Hey, if I’m there having fun, why not? Not sure my husband would like it and I might “pay the price” later, but ya only live once, right?

I don’t know how people can afford to smoke. And the ones who do seem to be the ones who can least afford it. A pack a day would fund one’s retirement!

I don’t think my husband would like it either, if I flashed during Mardi Gras.

9. Kori says:

I didn’t think I was, but I must be a daredevil because I’d be willing to do almost everything on your list. I tried smoking. It wasn’t for me. Heights don’t bother me. This summer I went to the top of the Tokyo Skytree. 634m. It was
    awesome. So I could see myself jumping out of a plane.

I’d never run for office. I hate public speaking. I’d never be on a realty show either. I don’t like cameras.

Oh and I’d totally flash my boobs for Mardi Gras beads. They’re so pretty.

I actually like public speaking. I met my husband at Toastmaster’s–an organization for public speakers. I’m not afraid of heights — just wouldn’t do sky diving. I’ve been zip-lining, I’ve done parasailing, been in a small 2-seater plane, in a helicopter, and I would totally go hot air ballooning.

10. LOL, I am much braver in my head than in real life.
    IRL, I am scared of heights, get vertigo easily, and hate anything with less than two legs or more than four. 🙂

Smoking is out.

So I guess that leaves Mardi Gras flashing.

I would love to experience it- just once to say I had done it. But my husband would probably not appreciate it.

Oh! I did try pole dancing a few times in college (before the head injury that caused all the vertigo 😉 ).

It was really fun!

I can see where vertigo and heights would not be a good match! I’m surprised at how many women would flash for Mardi Gras. I don’t feel nearly so naughty now. (Pole dancing sounds fun. I hear it’s good exercise, too).