From Captured with the Cyborg…a near violation of propriety

Release date: March 15, 2016

Hello, Weekend Writing Warriors. Please permit me a small squee…I made the USA Today Bestseller List! Bound, Spanked & Loved, an anthology co-authored by myself and 13 author friends ranked 126 in the top 150 bestselling books reported to USA Today. You can see the book, top right of the sidebar.

Now for today’s snippet.  As I threatened promised last week, no more Mated with the Cyborg. I’m changing gears and excerpting from the next one, No 3 in the Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance series, Captured by the Cyborg. In this scene, ex-Cyber Operative Dale Homme is interviewing prospective job candidates. This is his glimpse of the heroine, who has arrived for the interview. The first thing he notices is her….hair.

Shimmering silvery blonde waves of it tumbled to her hips. The platinum shade didn’t reflect light, it radiated it, almost as if the individual strands were composed of fibers of light itself. Although women could and did take chemical supplements to alter pigment at the cellular level, and platinum hair was not unusual, the combined effect of the color and shine was. Striking under the harsh artificial illumination—what would it look like in moonlight?

In a complete violation of propriety, he reached out to touch. He  caught himself and snapped his hand to his side, calling upon his nanocytes to stamp out the kindling of desire. Turned-on by a job candidate’s hair. This is what happened when you didn’t get laid often enough.

He forced his attention away from her hair.

What the hell was she wearing?

What the hell indeed. Let the mystery begin.

The all-important book description

Sometimes the biggest risk is to one’s heart….

An ex-Cyber Operations field agent, Dale Homme has kissed danger and betrayal more times than he cares to count. Now he runs a clandestine factory beneath the surface of the moon Deceptio, where confidentiality and security matter more than anything. When a beautiful young woman arrives seeking a job, Dale knows within minutes she’s lying. Everything about her is false: her past, the people she claims to know, her reason for being on Deceptio. Illumina Smith? Even her name is an alias.

Logic says send her packing. His gut says she’s in trouble. She needs him. So he’ll do anything to keep her safe….even if it means keeping her captive.

Dale Homme was a secondary character in book 2, Mated with the Cyborg.

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I hope you’ll check out some of the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors. Click on the logo to see a list of authors & genres.

new wewriwa

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to From Captured with the Cyborg…a near violation of propriety

1. Lisa Medley says:

Fantastic description! You do such a great job
    of weaving in interesting details.

2. Laurel Lasky says:

You deserve a big, big squee! All of you did a fantastic job, well done.

3. Kim M says:

Congratulations, Cara! Awesome accolade, may it result in tonnes of sales!!

I expect he is going to ‘violate propriety’ in the not to distant future! Excellent snippet as always!

4. Congratulations on your bestsellerdom!

I loved how his thoughts wandered to moonlight. Hope that becomes a reality before long.

5. Oh my, you are again, a wonder, Cara. Success ahead for the anthology and your book. As for this new snippet, the guy really needs to “get laid.” He’s in big trouble with the silver haired woman.

6. Congratulations on making the bestseller list!! And now I’m curious as to what she’s wearing, too. Such a great tease with this snippet! 🙂

Thank you, Jessica. The heroine, Illumina, has a lot of secrets. I had so much fun creating her. I think she might be my most favorite heroine ever.

7. Congratulations!
    Great idea – her striking hair distracts from what?

8. naomi shaw says:

Beautiful descriptions. How could he resist her. Obviously not, but realized his position just in time. Great snippet

9. Bonnie Gill says:

Congrats on making USA Today Best Seller!
    I loved the excerpt. I loved how he wanted to see it in the moonlight. Great descriptions and giving insight into their world. Scifi romance is so much fun to read.

10. Oh yes, he’s done for! I’m glad he’s getting his own book in the series. Excellent excerpt, loved the details. Congratulations on the best seller listing!!!

Thanks! Yeah, Dale had to have his own book Carter Aymes, the Cy-Ops director will be next, I think. I introduced two new cyborgs in Captured with the Cyborg who want their own books too. It’s hard to say no to a cyborg.

11. That should be a HUGE squee, not a small one. Congratulations on being a bestselling author, Cara!

12. If he’s this distracted by her hair, I’m sure he’s going to give in to temptation eventually. Now I wonder what she’s wearing, too.

Now I need to decide what to do for next week…satisfy curiosity….or run another teaser. Hmm…what to do, what to do…

13. Congratulations on your success, Cara. Now that I know what cyborgs are I can become more involved. Love the description of her hair, and yes, he certainly needs to get laid!

14. OM gawwwd!!! That is such amazing news on making the bestseller list!! You must be floating on Cloud 9. And great snippet…such a blend of charm and smart-assness. (Yes, it’s an official term. heh.) I about choked on my coffee when I read the last line about what the HELL she was wearing, LOL!!! Now I can’t wait to find out what he meant!

Thank you!!! It’s pretty cool. There was have been a handful of writing moment that gave me a rush, and making the list was one of them.

15. Congrats! That is HUGE–and deserving of a big squee!

Love the description in this snippet–and, what the hell IS she wearing? lol.

I am intrigued already. 🙂

16. E.D. Martin says:

Great description of her hair – and now, based on comments, I’m wondering what role exactly it plays in the story.

And congrats on making the bestsellers list!