#8Sunday: From Alien Mate…no guilty people….

Preorder: mid to late March  ~ Release: April

Sneak peek at Chapter One

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. Today I’m introducing my next science fiction romance, Alien Mate. It’s a sci-fi “mail order” bride story.

“Who’d you kill?”

“Nobody–I’m innocent.” I’d continue to state that until the end of my days.

She barked out a husky laugh. “We all are. Haven’t you heard? There are no guilty people on the SS Australia.”

“She killed Jaxon Carmichael,” a brunette with a head of bouncy curls piped up with the identity of the “victim” I’d been convicted of bludgeoning to death.

Andrea whistled and eyed me with new respect. “Honey, you roll with the big boys, don’t you?”

The unofficial rough draft blurb

Not only did my Earth government fail to protect me from the syndicate that wants me dead, they convicted me of a crime and packed me onto a ship with other female felons and sent me to a frozen primitive wasteland of a planet to become an alien’s mate. Earth needs Dakon’s minerals; Dakon is desperate for females after a catastrophe killed them off. As soon as my appeal comes, I’m outta here. I have no desire to be some barbarian’s “mail order bride,” even if he is super tall, muscular, and the chief of his tribe. Besides, he doesn’t want me either. His disappointment is written all over his chiseled alien face. His people are desperate for women, and he doesn’t like me? Well, fine! Mr. Law-and-Order would be more than disappointed if he learned what my crime was. He’d banish me into the wilderness, because that’s what they do to lawbreakers on Dakon. To stay safe, I’ll keep quiet and make the best of things until I can get back to Earth. There’s no chance I’ll fall in love with Mr. Hard-Bodied Alien and want to stay on Dakon. No way.

To visit the participating authors of Weekend Writing Warriors, click on the logo:

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to #8Sunday: From Alien Mate…no guilty people….

1. Sounds like she may be in over her head. Great tease! I look forward to reading this story. 🙂

2. Diane Burton says:

I love this one already. Andrea sounds like a much-needed friend. Great blurb, too.

3. Well, that’s certainly a different kind of opening for a romance. I love how you used the name of the ship as a shorthand to hint at the purpose of this ship.

4. Nancy Gideon says:

Can’t wait for more! This sounds awesome, Cara!

5. Sounds like another great book, Cara. Will look forward to reading this one.

6. Can’t stop lovin’ these way out stories you write, Cara!

Thanks, Charmaine. This is the first romance I’ve written in first person, although it alternates between the heroine and hero. One chapter is in first person her POV, the next is in his, so readers get to know both the heroine and the hero.

7. I love the premise for the story, can’t wait to read it! Enjoyed the excerpt, nice to get a feel for how the heroine thinks.

8. Botanist says:

Love the premise of this story, and great opening!

9. Amy Braun says:

Love everything about that snippet and I love that cover… *heart eyes*

10. It sounds to me as if she didn’t really commit murder. But what did she do? Was it something worse?

Is there something worse than murder? She was convicted of second degree murder, but she maintains her innocence.

11. What a great introduction to the story! Good luck with the release!

12. Jenna Jaxon says:

I love the “mail-order bride” trope. Next best thing to an arranged marriage. 🙂 And it sounds like a cross between Botany Bay and Here Come the Brides (you probably don’t remember that sit-com, Cara. Before your time.) out in space. Another great, fun book for my TBR list.

13. A few innocent people do usually get caught up–especially in things like this, where they need a certain number of ‘guilty women’ to send.