#8Sunday: Getting ready to meet their alien mates…

Available for preorder

The SS Australia, the ship ferrying female felons to Dakon, has landed, and the women are about to meet their new mates. We’re in the heroine’s POV (Starr Conner).

“The Dakonians have provided you with warm coats,” the coordinator said, “form a line, please and come up and get one.”

Grimacing, I accepted the coat, slinging the smelly thing over my arm, holding it away like it was a dead animal. Which it was.

“How do I look?” Tessa pivoted. The fur covered her from head to knees–only her hands, face, and a few strands of brunette hair were visible.

“Like an alien,” I said. In the fur, she was indistinguishable from the Dakonian in the orientation video I’d finally watched.

She mimicked horns with her index fingers pressed to her temples. “How about now?”

Book Description

I’m Starr Elizabeth Conner. Earth’s government falsely convicted me of a crime, packed me on a ship with other female felons, and sent us to Dakon, a primitive, frozen wasteland of a planet. Why? Earth needs minerals, and Dakon is desperate for females.

But I’m no barbarian’s ‘mail order bride,’ even if he is super tall, muscular, and the chief of his tribe. He doesn’t want a BBW blonde, either–it’s written all over his chiseled face. He’ll be truly angry if he ever learns what my ‘crime’ was.

I am Torg. I have waited 34 rotations for a mate of my own. With this shipment, I was sure to get a fine, sturdy mate who’ll bear me many daughters. Instead, I receive a small, curvy, pale-haired female who looks at me with anger and fear.

It is only when we ‘kiss’ that I believe things may work out between us. But I’m hearing rumors that Starr and her shipmates are law-breakers. To survive, Dakonians must obey all laws … or be exiled into the frozen wasteland.  Just when I have found her, will I have to send my mate to die?

Don’t miss this sexy, suspenseful sci-fi romance–preorder your copy of Alien Mate today!

Amazon US |  Amazon UK |  Amazon AU | Amazon CA

iBooks | Kobo |  Barnes & Noble

To visit the participating authors of Weekend Writing Warriors, click on the logo:

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to #8Sunday: Getting ready to meet their alien mates…

1. Tessa seems to be taking their sentence better than Starr. I’m intrigued with each and every snippet! 🙂

Tessa and the other women chose to go to Dakon instead of going to prison. They applied for the exchange program. Starr was never given a choice. She wanted to stay on Earth so she could to appeal her conviction, but she was shipped halfway across the galaxy against her will.

2. You’ve got me wondering how they ever get down to the nitty gritty when they wear such heavy coats.

3. Kim M says:

I imagine that the ‘smelly’ coats may be worth more than Tessa realises, and that she will be rather glad for it, before long. Nice build up of anticipatory tension, Cara.

4. I like Tessa’s attitude.

5. Jenna Jaxon says:

I wonder how long it will take Starr to pull that coat on once she goes outside. 🙂 Spunky will only get you so far when you’re freezing. I can’t wait for her to meet her mate. You highlight how different they will be even before we meet him. It’s one of the really vibrant things about your writing.

6. Well, the name of the ship is appropriate! It’ll be interesting to see what the aliens look like under their big, furry coats. I am optimistic. 🙂

7. Nancy Gideon says:

Maybe not so different after all . . . under the smelly coats, that is. I love Tessa but Starr is more sensible.

8. A little touch of humor but I’m in agreement with everyone else – Starr’s probably going to need that coat soon. Enjoyed the snippets so much, can’t wait to read the book!

9. Tessa cracks me up. I love this premise, Cara. Torg and Starr already shine as great characters in the blurb! Pre-ordered it. 🙂

10. I’m looking forward to reading the book. It’s strange, but one of my earlier books was about a 19th century woman who is wrongly accused of a crime, and is transported by sailing ship to Australia, to become a ‘wife’ for the settlers. It doesn’t appear that the future is any more promising for young women than was the past! And ironically, your spaceship is called SS Australia. Spooky! Will definitely read.

I like your historical Australian idea. The mail order bride/female felon (falsely accused, of course) is such a great trope. It’s fun.

11. Siren X Star says:

“Holding it away, like a dead animal”, I love that line! And it gives such a good description of Starr’s attitude. I really like that she ship is the SS Australia, too.

12. Amy Braun says:

This scene is great. The dialogue made me smile and was infinitely immersive. Also, I didn’t mention this last week but I love the cover. Those are some sexy arms. 😉

13. There’s cold, and then there’s COLD. And I suspect she’ll be changing her mind about those dead animal scruples pretty quickly.

14. One of these women has embraced her future more than the other. I hope it doesn’t become too terrible for her.

15. Sue Barr says:

Good snippet. I’m with all the others and think she’ll come to love that smelly animal rag…

16. Misa says:

Put the damn coat on, Starr! Girl is in for a rude awakening on so many fronts.