May has seemed exceptionally for busy to me, but I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have a busy month! What makes May different is that I have several projects going for several books, as opposed to multiple activities going for one (or two) books.
What I’m working on:
- Writing a new alien romance for Kindle Worlds to be released in Sept. I’m not at liberty to name the series yet. I’m about 8k from being done with the 40K first draft. Then I need to do the revisions before I send it to editing.
- Revising Rescued by the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 5.5), my story in Embrace the Romance: Pets in Space 2 to be released October 10. I have the first draft done, but I have to revise it so it can go to editing June 1. (Did you know that there’s Facebook group for fans of Pets in Space?)
- An ongoing free promotion for Stranded with the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 1). I’ve booked a number of advertisements, and I’m monitoring how well the ads perform as well as the impact on the other books in the series.
- Re-release the Breeder series. The rights to Terran (book 2) revert to me this month, and I will be rolling out all three books beginning June 10. New covers have been done, but I need to rewrite the blurbs, and re-read Breeder since it was written so long ago. There are a few changes I need to make. I’m also working on the promotion plan for the series.
- A special newsletter-building promotion with a group of sci-fi romance authors (12 free books by 12 authors!)
- A prize giveaway and month-long build-your-Amazon-and-Book-Bub-follows promotion.
- The Summer Reads Sci-fi Romance Invasion – an 8-author free book offer. Promotion required (newsletter, blog post, FB posts, etc.) Coming May 22!
- Book Bub. I got a BookBub featured deal late in the month. I need to ensure that the price changes before & after take effect and schedule some ancillary ads.
- Continue with my training program. I’m taking a book marketing training program online. I’m about halfway through the 55-module program.
I used to just jot notes on my calendar and make lists in a notebook, but I’ve started doing Excel spreadsheets. I should have been doing this before! It takes a bit longer to set up spreadsheet than scribbling in a calendar, but enhanced efficiency makes it worth it and saves time in the long run.
This summer, I’ll focus on the continued roll-out of the Breeder series (it should take me through August), the promotion of Pets in Space 2, and I’ll start writing a new book, either a cyborg romance (Carter’s story, Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 6) or another Alien Mate book. I don’t know which one yet. The muse hasn’t told me. I also need to prepare for the Ozarks Indie Book Fest in October. I have to design my banner, order SWAG and books, and work on my presentation (I’m on one of the panels). Of course, in the fall I’ll have two releases (Kindle Worlds & Pets in Space 2).