As I write this, I am sitting in the calm before the storm. 2018 is showing every indication of being a category 5 hurricane.
I had high hopes this year of writing/publishing only four, maybe five books. You know, cutting back? Taking it easier. Right away, plans have changed. I got invited to write for the Intergalactic Dating Agency series, and it’s such a good segue to my Alien Mate series, I couldn’t turn it down. So that will add three (yes, three) books to my lineup.
Complicating the book release schedule will be several out-of-town trips. In 2017, my husband I didn’t take a vacation at all, but we’re making up for it this year.
So here’s the schedule as it will roll out:
- January 9 – Hunted by the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 6) releases.
- Mid-Feb – March – Vacation in London & Norway
- March 12 – Rescued by the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance 5.5) releases. This was my story in Embrace the Romance: Pets in Space 2. I’m releasing it as a single title. It’s a prequel to Hunted ( Cy-Ops 6), so it’s book 5.5.
- May 15 – Alien Attraction (Alien Mate 2) releases!
- May – vacation in New Orleans
- July – Alien Mate 3!
- July – Daughter’s Vegas wedding and my 25th wedding anniversary
- Sept. – Mastermind marketing conference in Houston
- Fall 2018 – Intergalactic Dating Agency books to release.
In between the release dates will be preorders, BookBub deals (hopefully!) and known and unknown special events & promotions.
My goal is to double my newsletter subscriber list by year end and increase my BookBub following by a third.
I hope to decrease blogging. Ha ha ha. I say that every year. But, this time I mean it!
Speaking of blogging, I have a new blog feature: Reader’s Parlor in which I will interview real, live readers. Beginning tomorrow, January 4, Reader’s Parlor will post every Thursday.
I will also continue Authors In Space, a Saturday feature in which science fiction romance authors show off their home offices or (non) office writing spaces. (If there’s an SFR author whose office you’d like to see, leave me a comment, and I’ll contact him/her.). Backlist to the Future has been discontinued.
And, the fourth Friday of every month is reserved for Freebie Friday, my monthly no-catch prize drawing.
Anyway, I’d better go batten down the hatches.
Oh, one more thing…Did you know I recently started a private Facebook group for readers & fans to hang out? You can find Chat with Cara here.