A writer’s life moves slooowly…you spend a lot of time at the computer, and while you might knock out 1,000, 2,000, or even 3,000 words a day, that’s still a long way from a completed novel. And then there are revisions, which can take LONGER than writing the first draft. You read and reread your work over and over until you’re sick of it.
It seems like much doesn’t happen. But as I look back on 2010 I realize I had a fairly eventful year. I started January with just one novella, Intimate Submission, a erotic romance/spanking story published by Black Velvet Seductions. My second one, Secret Desires, had been submitted but wasn’t published yet.
And then this is what happened in 2010:
- Secret Desires was published as an ebook (July)
- Both Intimate Submission and Secret Desires were published in the Spanked! paperback and ebook anthology (October)
- Spanked! received good reviews from Two Lips Reviews and Night Owl Reviews
- I wrote, completed, submitted and signed a contract on a new novella, Spanking Melania, the start of an erotic romance domestic discipline series.
- I wrote the first draft of the second book of the series, Disciplining Emma
- I joined Romance Writers of America and the Passionate Ink chapter
- I started this blog (April), and wrote 63 posts
- I joined Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads