Six Sentence Sunday: Mightier than the Sword

Welcome to my Six Sentence Sunday! I’m posting another excerpt from Mightier than the Sword, an erotic short story I wrote for Red Lipstick Journals. The complete story will run Monday, May 2—tomorrow on RLJ. As with most of my short fiction pieces, this one has a twist at the end!

To recap, David Sword has developed a top secret product called the X-59. He has asked business associate Adriana Covington to help him market it, but she’s not sold on the product. She has a reputation for being brilliant, but can be cold and difficult to work with. The following scene occurs at a meeting at David’s office to which Adriana arrived late.

***

First he had to convince the ice princess the X-59 was worth her time.

“You don’t think there’s a market? Why do you say that?” He leaned back in his chair and rolled the pen between his palms, watching her face. Nothing about her frosty demeanor hinted she might have a body piercing, but when he thought of her naked, he pictured her shaved and pierced, rings through her nipples and navel and a vertical barbell through her clitoral hood.

His blood heated at the images and his cock responded, making him acutely aware of his own piercing.

***

Please visit the terrific authors on the Six Sentence Blog Tour. Click here.

You can bookmark Red Lipstick Journals to read the complete Mightier than the Sword on Monday, by clicking here.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Mightier than the Sword

1. WOW! He has a great imagination. Well done.

2. Gem Sivad says:

I think he’s getting distracted from business…I know I was. *BG* Hot six!

3. jayel kaye says:

I don’t think the business he has in mind is with his top secret product. Very sexy

4. Sarah Grimm says:

Distracted much? 🙂 I wonder if she’ll surprise him?

5. Laura Kaye says:

I was intrigued until the end of the last line, and then I was 100% hooked. OMG

6. All I can say is OUCH!

7. Distracted much? Love his assumptions about her piercing — or is that wishful thinking? Either way, his response is perfectly executed and very hawt. Nice six! Glad he can’t his mind on the job 🙂 LOL

8. I can’t wait to find out the twist in a piercing story. (Pun intended: ouch!) Excellent writing, as usual.

9. Sandi Sookoo says:

hmm, is he right or wrong with his internal picturings? Only time will tell I guess 🙂

10. sue says:

Personally, I’m not a fan of piercings – to each their own – excellent description though

11. Monica Enderle Pierce says:

I love the hidden secret beneath their biz attire and manners. That’s a fantastic dichotomy!

12. Okay, I definitely want to know more about his piercing. 😉

13. lexcade says:

hehehe, dual lives are the most fun. loved this 6!

14. *grinning* It’s not very often a womans body piercing(s) is mentioned. Very awesome. Great snippet, Cara!

15. J.A. Beard says:

There is a man who definitely doesn’t have his mind on business.

16. Love a man with an imagination. I wonder if he’s right.

~ Renee

17. Well now, a business man with a dark edge. Oolala!

18. WHOA! Now that was a hot piece of 6! Whew I think I am blushing a little there … love it!

19. This is great insight into him. Well done.

Best,
    Allure Van Sanz

20. Wowza! That’s an intriguing six. I wonder what he’ll find and when!

21. Liana Brooks says:

Interesting that he adds piercings everywhere. I’m going to guess that since this is erotica she has them. But it certainly tells us what kind of woman he wants.

22. Eleri Stone says:

Nice! Does he get to find out if he’s right?

Eleri…I can’t tell you that–it would give away the end! Let’s just say the reader gets to find out tomorrow on Red Lipstick Journals.