Secret Desires: when three ISN’T a crowd…

I had another snippet from Secret Desires for Six Sentence Sunday, but I forgot to sign up this week! So instead, I’m featuring character sketches for the characters Morgan and Jack. Because readers seemed to like Matt (introduced last week), I’m including a sketch of him, also. Secret Desires is an erotic romance menage.

Name: Morgan Moran

Age: 30

Occupation: Office manager

Marital status: Single, in a relationship with Jack Hudson

Likes: being pampered at the spa, her cat Mr. Whiskers, tiny tanks tops

Dislikes: the way Jack’s college buddy Matt looks at her

Best characteristic: adventurousness and spunk

Worst trait: chronically tardy

Biggest challenge: trying to act like the good girl Jack wants

Biggest fear: That Jack will ask her to marry him

When she’s bad she likes to: push Jack to the limits to see how far he’ll go

***

Name: Jack Hudson

Age: 35

Occupation: Veterinarian

Marital status: Single, but planning to pop the question to Morgan Moran

Likes: pets, poker and sandwiches

Dislikes: tardiness and peanut butter & jelly

Biggest challenge: keeping his kinkier sexual urges under control so he doesn’t scare off his girlfriend

Greatest flaw: sometimes too accommodating

Best characteristic: keeps his promises. All of them.

When he’s bad he likes to: get down and dirty and double-team a woman with his best friend Matt

***

Name: Matt Blakely

Age: 37

Occupation: undercover police officer

Marital status: Single, but in an “open” relationship.

Likes: leather jackets, playing cards and cultivating a bad boy image

Dislikes: Conventional relationships, being tied down (except in a good way)

Greatest flaw: his arrogance

Best characteristic: he’s loyal to his friends.

Biggest challenge: keeping his hands (and other body parts) off his best bud’s girlfriend.

When he’s bad he likes to: do everything.

***

Secret Desires blurb:

Office manager Morgan Moran knows there are good surprises and bad surprises. Good is getting into the hairdresser on a cancellation or being treated to a luxury spa day by your boyfriend. Bad is having that boyfriend pop THE question before you’re ready.

As her thirtieth birthday approaches, Morgan fears her boyfriend of two years will ask her marry him. She loves him to death—but she’s not sure that she can love him until death-does-she-part. Although Jack is kind, gentle, thoughtful and built like a sex god, he’s boring in the sack. She’s just not sure she can settle for a lifetime of vanilla sex when she really craves thirty-one flavors.

In his younger days, thirty-five-year-old Jack Hudson sowed some wild oats. Really wild–the kind of oats that he knows would shock his girlfriend. He’s cleaned up his act and become a responsible, respectable veterinarian. He’s ready to settle down and ask Morgan to be his wife. He’s crazy about this sexy, sassy spitfire. She keeps him on his toes. Unfortunately, she also keeps him waiting. And waiting. She’s late to everything. It’s almost as if she’s trying to push his buttons, and if she’s late one more time…he’s going to spank her.

When Morgan shows up three hours after own birthday celebration begins, she forces Jack to take a very firm stand, unleashing a night of passionate discovery that fulfills all of Morgan’s secret desires. But in the harsh glare of morning, she’s forced to wonder if the price she paid for fulfillment was too high, and if she and Jack can have a future together after all.

***

Secret Desires is available as a ebook ($2 US) through Black Velvet Seductions. It’s also available in the ebook and print anthology, Spanked!, which includes Intimate Submission, another of my erotic romances.

Buy Secret Desires

Buy Spanked! on BVS

Buy Spanked! on Amazon

Buy Spanked! on Barnes & Noble

This entry was posted in Domestic discipline stories, My romances, Spanking and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Secret Desires: when three ISN’T a crowd…

1. Love it! You should totally give these characters their own Romance Trading Cards!

2. Liz Crowe says:

hey Cara! what a great set up! I never thought about character mapping as far a “dislikes” but maybe I shouldn’t be such a “pantser” and try it. are you self publishing?
    thanks for all your great comments on my blog.
    Liz

No, Liz. I’m not self-publishing. Secret Desires is published by Black Velvet Seductions. They’ve also published another of my erotic romances called Intimate Submission. I have a third one, Unexpected Consequences, under contract with Loose Id.

3. Alix says:

Hey Cara, When I read you missed the six sunday sign up I sighed because I was really looking forward to it, however your post today is fantastic! I really appreciate your sharing of characters this way, it gives a different structure to their development for me. Thank you very much.

4. JoAnne’s right. They definitely need their own Romance Trading Cards. The sketches were great. Feel like I know more about these characters now.
    (And still can’t post comments here without the help of IE.)

5. Gayle Ramage says:

Thanks for the character sketches, Cara. You’ve inspired me to do my some for my characters at some point. 🙂

6. Lisa Fox says:

What a great post! I’m with everyone else, they need Trading Cards!

7. Sandi Sookoo says:

Loved those sketches! Great post!

8. Gem Sivad says:

I have to read this story now. The three characters are so vivid (and naughty) trying to be so “normal” I’m anticipating the explosion when they finally reveal their desires.

Awesome!

9. Oh!! I came to visit your six (sorry I missed you last week) but I found this instead! I love it!! I need to steal this idea (if you don’t mind). Fantastic! I look forward to your six next week!

xx
    A.

By all means, please use it. I got the idea from Playboy centerfold copy: “likes long walks on the beach, starry nights and wants to bring peace to the world.” LOL.

Secret Desires has been published since October 2009 and I just wrote the sketches based on what’s in the novella. It did make me think about my characters in a new way.

10. So where can I buy this? 😉

11. Sue Quint says:

I can see the conflict coming from the character bios. Great way to build it in.

12. I love doing character sketches too! Great job, Cara, this story sounds hot! 😉

13. Lauri J Owen says:

Actually, I think trading cards isn’t a bad idea. I’m thinking about doing that myself. It’d be fun to play with them – mix them up and think about what kinds of stories you could make. ;-p

14. Paula Martin says:

Great thumbnail sketches of your characters – will have to try this with mine!

15. Uhhhh, yum. Gonna have to pick this one up!

16. Bree Younger says:

These are cool. Great way to keep your characters straight!

17. Xakara says:

Great character sketches! I love getting to know them better. I might translate this to a Thursday Thirteen on a few character. Love it. 🙂

~Xakarar