Six Sentence Sunday: the aftermath of phone sex…

Hello again, Sunday Sixers! Thank you for stopping by. This week’s six will be the final installment of Reckless in Moonlight! Next week, I’m going to debut six sentences from A Scent of Longing, my upcoming paranormal 1NightStand release by Decadent Publishing. For this week, here’s a quick recap: While Dana discussed business with her boss on the phone, she got down to business with Lon in the kitchen. They’re outside by the pool now.

He wanted to get messy, even dirty, with Dana.

Lon set the tray on the table, and Dana came up beside him with two wineglasses. The moon still appeared nearly full, and under its light, her eyes sparkled and her pearly skin glowed, her cheeks flushed with a hint of color.

“I have no idea what I’m going to tell my boss on Monday,” she said in her woody-inspiring phone-sex-operator voice.

“Sorry,” he lied, not the least bit repentant. He recalled his childhood phone pranks—Dana certainly got his refrigerator running!

By the way, Reckless in Moonlight received a FANTABULOUS review by The Romance Studio. Review here.

Please check out the authors on the Six Sentence Sunday tour.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: the aftermath of phone sex…

1. There’s still the rest of the weekend to have fun before she has to worry about what to tell her boss. Great six! 🙂

2. Loved his description of her voice and then the tie in to phone pranks at the end and turning it around into a pun, well done!

3. sue says:

You used to do that too? with the fridge? funny stuff.

4. Sandra Sookoo says:

lol loved the description of her voice

5. Oooh, I like Lon. Very nice six.

6. LMBO…that last line was perfect. Great six!

7. Karla Doyle says:

So this is my last chance to tell your blog visitors how great Reckless In Moonlight was? Buy it, it was such a great read! Lon is to-die-for.
    Looking forward to excerpts from your upcoming release, Cara. 🙂

• Karysa Faire says:

DITTO! In fact, every week I have to force myself to NOT pick up the book again. . . I just have other things I need to do. . . to hell with it. Maybe I’ll indulge just a little. I’m off to find my Kindle.

8. Refrigerator? Sounds more like an oven. Good six!

9. Kate Meader says:

The afterglow with puns! Great six, Cara!

10. Cute, cute! What an entertaining excerpt. I love that last line too!

I love the reference to the old phone pranks. Fun six, Cara. 🙂

12. Great afterglow moment, and although she’s trying to work up a measure of regret for her boss, it’s clearly not heartfelt. Playful six! 🙂

13. Janey Falls says:

Love Lon’s voice – he makes me laugh. Great six! This is going to be a definite read for me! Can’t wait for “A Scent of Longing!”

14. Lon’s tone is terrific, just the right amount of playful youth without seeming too young.

15. Skye Warren says:

LOL, made me snort laugh with that one. Funny guy.

16. Carrie-Anne says:

Fun six! At least she still has some time left to think up a reasonable excuse for her strange phone demeanor.

17. Yes, the boss will get over it! That was phone sex at it’s sexiest!

18. Laura Kaye says:

Funny scene, funny six!

19. I love his description of her voice! Great six!

20. Gem Sivad says:

Worry about the boss on Monday. There’s more interesting fare by the pool. Great six!

21. I loved the description of her voice too. Nice 6!