Six Sentence Sunday: Lily reluctantly decides to go for it…

Welcome Sunday Sixers! I’m presenting another six sentences from A Scent of Longing, my 1Night Stand vampire romance, only this Sunday I can say, “It’s out! It’s out!”  A Scent of Longing released on Friday! Okay, that’s enough squealing from me.

To recap: Worried about how reclusive she’s becoming, Lily’s best friend signs her up for a blind date through the 1Night Stand service. Why is she reclusive? You’ll find out here as Lily reluctantly goes off for her date…

As she did every time she passed a mirror, she glanced at her reflection to reassure herself she had one. VA had debunked the myth, but she still feared she would wake up invisible one evening. She checked her appearance and pursed her mouth. What had possessed her to pick Red Rose lipstick? The shade had turned her lips into a garish scarlet slash across her ultra-white face.

Shit. Could I look more like a vampire?

BTW, VA stands for Vampires Anonymous. For more info, check out these links:

A Scent of Longing blurb/excerpt (on Decadent Publishing)

Amazon Buy Link

ARe Buy Link

To check out the other authors on Six Sentence Sunday, click here

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Lily reluctantly decides to go for it…

1. Love this six! Congrats again on the release! Bought myself a copy yesterday. 🙂

2. Kate Warren says:

That cracked me up. At least she doesn’t sparkle. 🙂 Good six!

3. Fab six. I can visualize exactly how that red lipstick looks. Congrats on the release.

4. Alix says:

I love your writing! Fantastic work..you inspire me!

5. LOL, I was thinking the same thing right before she had the internal thought! And love the VA touch!

6. Great six! I love your descriptions. Congratulations on your release 🙂

7. Great six, Cara. I’ve got Scent of Longing on my “to read” list! Excited for you!

8. Congrats on your release! What an interesting world you’ve set up in these six short sentences.

9. Karla Doyle says:

Congrats again on the new release. I bought ASoL on Friday–it’s my bedtime read tonight 🙂
    Love the six, Cara!

10. Carly Fall says:

Congratulation on the release! And great six! Have a good Sunday 🙂

11. Skye Warren says:

Hah! Love the way her fears are nestled in the familiar act of getting ready for a date. Great work!

12. Jess says:

Congrats on the release and a great six. Wishing you lots and lots of sales.

13. Own it, baby!! Congrats on the release, Cara. This is going in my TBR list.

14. Kate Meader says:

Oh, love that last line. Vampire dating problems make for a great conflict!

15. Sue says:

Can’t wait to see what happens – love the concept – and why not VA? they have them for everything else

16. I love your premise! Great six. 🙂
    Congrats on your release!

17. I love VA! How adorable! And it’s great she’s willing to do the blind date despite being convinced she’ll fail horribly. Haha!

Congrats on your release! 🙂

18. I love her insecurity. With all the vamps cropping up these days, someone should put together a Vamp Girl’s Guide to Dressing and Dating. (And, yes, you may steal that.) 😉

I might just steal that for a blog post! Thanks for the idea.

I know that it’s considered cliched for a character to stare at herself in the mirror so that the author can tell the reader what she looks like, but in Lily’s case, continuing to see her reflection is a big concern!

19. Paula Martin says:

Great six, can just imagine her.
    Congrats on the release.

20. Congrats on your release! I love her choice of lipstick color, it paints a great visual.

21. Yeah! Your book is out. My Kindle better hurry up and get here this week. I have so many books to buy, my head is spinning like Carrie from Stephen King’s novel.

I love my Kindle. It’s one of the best things I ever bought. I got hooked on the immediate gratification of being able to get any book, any time within seconds. I don’t read print books anymore.

22. Congratulations on the release! I love the heroine’s “voice”, terrific excerpt!

23. Zee Monodee says:

Lol – I’m sure her ‘date’ won’t mind 🙂

24. Read your six and immediately put this one on my wish list. I’ve already capped my book buying budget for the month, but it’s there and waiting when I’m clear to start purchasing again. Went to Decadent and read the excerpt, too. Nicely done, but it only intensified my itch rather than relieve it. Congrats on the new release, Cara.

25. Ursula Grey says:

Fantastic six, Cara:-) Loved the description of her lips…”garish scarlet slash”. Very nicely done!

26. Jenna Jaxon says:

Sounds like another fantastic 1NS offering! I loved checking to see if she’s still visible–not your normal lipstick and mascara check in the least. LOL Great job!

27. Congrats on the release – and great excerpt!

28. Nice! Good details and voice…and yeah, the last line is terrific! =D

Oh come on, babe. You’re one in a million! Great six, Cara. I like the sarcastic humor and the hopeless resignation you convey in so few lines. 🙂

30. Love this! A great six, and congrats on your release!

31. Meanwhile, somewhere else, someone who isn’t a vampire is trying to look like one…

32. Karysa Faire says:

As usual, I think I’ll have to get me a copy. Love your writing, Cara!

33. Cara Bristol says:

Thanks everybody for the comments and the congratulations. I appreciate your visits every week!

34. Gayle Ramage says: