Six Sentence Sunday: Luc senses Lily’s presence…

Thank you for visiting on Six Sentence Sunday. Today’s six sentence snippet is from A Scent of Longing, my erotic paranormal romance, recently released by Decadent Publishing as part of its 1Night Stand series.

To recap what has happened thus far: Lily was turned into a vampire by a former lover. She believes that she’ll never have a normal life, but is reluctantly talked into going on a blind date. Luc is a Half Breed. His mixed race has given him an extraordinary sense of smell. Even before he meets Lily, he senses her outside the hotel suite…

She expressed her emotions in her scent—hope, a longing to connect, and fear. She needed to be calmed, gently wooed. Protectiveness crept over him, spreading from his chest outward, until the anomalous, foreign sensation infused his entire body. His sexual liaisons with human women had evoked little emotion beyond lukewarm sexual desire. Female vamps avoided him and didn’t need his protection, but this Fledgling aroused tender feelings he hadn’t known he had.

For the first time in ages, perhaps centuries, genuine interest kindled, and Luc ran his tongue over his teeth in anticipation.

A Scent of Longing blurb/longer excerpt

A Scent of Longing on Amazon

A Scent of Longing on ARe

5-star review on Kinky Book Reviews

Please visit the other Six Sentence Sunday authors

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Luc senses Lily’s presence…

1. Definitely makes me want to read more! Fabulous six! 🙂

2. Layna Pimentel says:

I agree with Gem. Very, very sexy!

3. Kate Warren says:

He’s got it bad! I love the way you’ve worded this. Very good six, Cara!

4. Laura Kaye says:

Aw, I’m going to love this story, I can already tell!

5. What a great response… and all just from her scent! I love the hope each of them have! Great six!

6. Alix says:

Oh the anticipation….LOVE IT! Sexy six!

7. You have created a bubble of longing here that really draws the reader in. Great six!

8. I really love how you described the protective instinct infusing him. This really sets up well his emotions and mental state going into this encounter! Great 6!

9. Kate Meader says:

I love that instinct to protect, then how he ends with running his tongue over his teeth. Great switch. Love this six!

10. Sue says:

I have told you before, fabulous cover. And your words are perfectly placed for flow and description. What a great couple!

11. I’m really liking them both and want to keep reading for sure! Terrific six…

12. That is some incredible build up 🙂 Great six.

13. Your snippets always have the right buzz words that want me to keep reading. I love the predicament this vampire is in. Sexy!!

14. Sexy and touchingly sweet. Great six Cara! 🙂

15. I love that you’ve used the sense of smell. That’s so often overlooked. Great six!

16. Paula Martin says:

Love his instinct to protect her. Great six.

17. Very tender but sexy! Makes you anticipate the “meet”. And, thanks for your comment on my Six.

18. Suzan Butler says:

Totally sexy. And that is a beautiful cover.

19. Karyn Good says:

Sexy six! Nicely done.

20. Karysa Faire says:

Ah, the interest of both the physical and the emotional. Nice. 🙂

21. Tantalizing!!! I love how 1 scent can bring forth so many different emotions. Great 6!

Oooh, hot stuff, Cara! 🙂 I really liked how you built his interest in just the right words, comparing the past to the present. Nicely done. 🙂

23. The running of the tongue was the little detail that really sent that sexy protectiveness into “hell yes” zone. Great six, Cara.

24. Karla Doyle says:

“Luc ran his tongue over his teeth in anticipation.” <–Love that line. Nicely done, Cara.

25. Skye Warren says:

Love the whole excerpt but I’m totally smitten by the first line! I love the concept and his voice about the whole thing.

26. Jess Schira says:

Sexy and sweet! I liked it.

27. I like his internal language around new emotions. Nice work Cara. I love this story!

28. I love this, but I’m gonna have to stop reading your sixes until I get a chance to read the story. I bought it last Sunday!

29. Zee Monodee says: