Six Sunday: A Scent of Longing…why Lily can’t date

Welcome to my Six Sentence Sunday. I’m presenting snippets from my April 13th Decadent Publishing release of A Scent of Longing. My vampire romance releases on Friday 13th. How perfect is that? To recap last week: Without her consent, Lily’s friend signed her up for a blind date through the 1Night Stand matching-making service. Lily explains why she can’t go…

“No man will go out with me once he’s finds out what I am. What happens if I do to someone else what Phillip did to me? I couldn’t live with myself.” Bitterness etched Lily’s voice.

“You’re nothing like Phillip.” Her expression gentle, Roxie squeezed Lily’s hand.

Thank you for visiting. To read a blurb of A Scent of Longing, click here.

To return to Six Sentence Sunday and visit the other authors, click here.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Six Sunday: A Scent of Longing…why Lily can’t date

1. Hmm… turned against her will during sex?
    You have my curiosity raring. Good luck on the 13th ;c) (my lucky #)
    Great six, again!

2. I bet Lily has more inner strength than she thinks 🙂

3. Jynnipher says:

Very intriguing. Good luck on your release!!

4. Great six! It left me wanting to read more. Good luck on your release!

5. Love the 6!
    I’ve read a few of the 1Night Stand stories but this one sounds intriguing. I will be looking for it on release day. 😉

6. Karla Doyle says:

Great six, Cara…you’ve got me wondering about Lily and Phillip already.
    I love that you got a Friday the 13th release date. I also love that it’s only a week away–I won’t have to wait long to read the entire book. 🙂

7. Great 6! So, will she go anyway? Very intriguing!

8. Zee Monodee says:

Hmm, I wonder what Phillip did to her… Very intriguing!

9. So lovely and gentle. Good six.

10. Great snippet showing her fear and anxiety with a touch of nicely woven in backstory!

11. hmmm..intriguing six! And I love the date your book is being released…PERFECT!

12. Nice six, Cara. I can’t wait for the date!

13. Paula Martin says:

Intriguing six. Like everyone else, I’m wondering what Phillip did.

14. LOVE LOVE LOVE this cover 🙂 And aww poor Lily, but I’m sure Madame Eve found just that man who will do more than simply help her move forward. She has that knack 🙂 Grats on the upcoming release xx I super looking forward to reading this one!

Thank you. I’m very happy with the cover. I wanted to make sure that it said “vampire,” since the title, A Scent of Longing, by itself does not.

15. What a bloody perfect release date, Cara. You’ve got us all hooked on who Lily is. Excited about this!

16. Sue says:

Friday the 13th – wow – and love, love the cover. Great concept

17. Skye Warren says:

Great snippet and conflict setup. Surely Madame Eve is up to the task 🙂

18. Oh my, what *did* Philip do to her, and why does she think she’s not up to snuff to handle the challenge? Great six Cara!

I LOVE that cover, Cara. Your story sounds great. Good luck on your release and I’m looking forward to it! 🙂

20. An intriguing six, and very much looking forward to this release. 🙂

21. A blind date w/out her consent? I can’t decide if Roxie is her friend or her enemy. I suppose it depends on that date, huh?

(FYI, thanks for leaving a comment on my six last week and this. Your feedback is always appreciated, Cara.)

22. Cherie Marks says:

Strong inner conflict. I love these 1NS’s. Great six!

23. Kate Meader says:

Nice insertion of backstory with great characterization. Very intriguing six!

24. Ah, this was really intriguing and nicely written – good job!

25. Nice set up in this six. I’m sure she’ll be more than pleasantly surprised. 😉

26. Silver James says:

Oh, this sounds like a good one! Nice set up and what a tease about the backstory. Good six today. Good luck with the upcoming release!

27. Carrie-Anne says:

Very intriguing six! I hope she finds luck with her 1Night Stand.

28. Jp Archer says:

Great Six. I hope this posts. WordPress doesn’t like me. I would love to read this one.

29. Intriguing six! It sounds like she has a bit to learn before she trusts herself.
    Good luck with your release! 🙂

30. From what I know about 1NS and what I see in this six, I am intrigued!

31. Layna Pimentel says:

Love the hook here. Need. More.