Six Sentence Sunday: A Scent of Longing heats up

This week, Sunday sixers, I’m back to A Scent of Longing, my 1Night Stand paranormal release, and I’m going to heat it up. What you need to know is this: Lily is a newly turned vampire. She reluctantly agrees to a blind date, but expects a human and doesn’t know that the man is a Half Breed vampire (whose senses are far greater than her own). BTW, VA stands for Vampires Anonymous.

When their knees brushed, an electric charge shot up her thighs. Sheโ€™d worried whether she could become turned on by a stranger. No problem. She didnโ€™t need her tingling clit or damp panties to call attention to her arousalโ€”she could smell it, thanks to her heightening vamp senses. Thank goodness Luc didnโ€™t have the hypersensitivity she did; that would be too embarrassing.

VA members had alerted her that vampirism would enhance her senses, but she had assumed it would occur gradually rather than suddenly.

Thank you for visiting. You can check out the other authors on Six Sentence Sunday by clicking here. For more info. about A Scent of Longing, follow these links:

A Scent of Longing on Decadent Publishing

A Scent of Longing Amazon US

A Scent of Longing Amazon UK

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: A Scent of Longing heats up

1. Oh, but he just may have those powers. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Great six!

2. Layna Pimentel says:

Why do I get the feeling he’s got them alright? LOL

Fab snippet, Cara!

3. Colour me intrigued…I love how Lily was worried about her response ๐Ÿ˜€
    Great six!

4. Paula Martin says:

Wonder when she’ll discover he has got the hypersensitivity? Great six.

5. I’m with everyone else…as soon as I read that snippet my first thought was that she sounding pretty confident when she doesn’t know for sure if he has them or not. Looking forward to next week!

6. Great 6! Love how she’s unaware of his sensitivity yet, which adds a nice layer of subtext to this snippet. Great way to weave in scent, too!

7. Karla Doyle says:

Can’t say much since I’ve read the book and know what happens next, so I’ll leave it at this…great six! ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. Nice! I’m guessing two can play this game? Turn about is fair play!

9. Laura Kaye says:

I can’t wait to read this! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Jeff Clough says:

Why do I see a rather awkward scene in Lily’s future? ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Skye Warren says:

LOL… sounds like she’s going to be in for a surprise!

12. I can’t wait to read this book! Great six!

13. LOL – won’t she be embarrassed! ๐Ÿ™‚ Love the idea of VA! Great six!

14. I am over-the-top excited about the fact she does not know he is a vampire! It will be fun to see how their relationship unfolds. I’m just loving this story-line!!

lol she’s in so much trouble. What a great message of verification for him. Great six, Cara. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. I definitely think she’ll be surprised in-a-good-way very shortly. Enjoying this story, great six!

17. Kate Meader says:

“…that would be too embarrassing.” I’ll say! Fun times ahead. Great six.

18. S. J. Maylee says:

I’m glad she doesn’t know he can smell her too. Looking forward to reading about his thoughts!! Yeap, I must have more ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Me’thinks she’s in for a surprise and a wild ride, if she doesn’t let her embarrassment get the best of her.

20. Two things. First, I can’t even comprehend how overwhelming being aroused would have to be to someone who has heightened senses. Or how overwhelming it would be to be in the presence of someone who was aroused if you had heightened sense. She plays a dangerous game and doesn’t even know it, which leads me to my second comment: I cannot wait until she discovers him. It’s going to be a very interesting reveal.

21. Gem Sivad says:

I agree with the reviewer as you scroll down. 5 Stars.

22. Kate Warren says:

Seems like vampirism has enhanced a few other things as well, if she’s reacting that intensely, that quickly. Interesting little detail.

23. Love the blind date between new vampire and half-breed vampire.. gives you so many options of where to go, and all the delights in finding out how things will work between the two!

24. Sadie Hart says:

LOL Oh, what she so doesn’t know about him yet. -grins-

25. It’ll be interesting once she starts scenting him, and to see what he does in return. Very sultry six, Cara! ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Zee Monodee says:

And little does she know that he is more attuned to his senses than she is – this will be fun! ๐Ÿ™‚