False Pretenses: enter the hero, a man with a spanking fetish

The second Rod and Cane Society story

Welcome, Sunday Sixers! Today’s six sentences are excerpted from False Pretenses, my latest domestic discipline erotic romance released by Loose Id on Tuesday. False Pretenses is the second book in the Rod and Cane Society series about a secret organization of men who spank their women.

Recapping what you know from previous Six Sundays: to advance her journalism career, the very vanilla Emma Dupree has gone undercover at Rod and Cane to expose the society as a kinky group of pervs. Now in this scene early in the book, she’s marching down the street searching for her escaped cat:

Taking a shortcut to his office after a meeting at the Rod and Cane Society, Dan Tanner spotted the blonde. He noticed her ass first. Tight and shaped like a perfect heart. With an enticing wiggle, she filled out her jeans like nobody’s business.

Except his.

He had to meet the woman the ass belonged to.

False Pretenses is currently available on the Loose Id website in all ebook formats. I expect it to hit Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other sites soon.

Read a free chapter excerpt

False Pretenses buy link

Goodreads 5 star review

Visit the fab authors of Six Sentence Sunday.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to False Pretenses: enter the hero, a man with a spanking fetish

1. This was great! These six sentences really told a lot about the character. Especially liked the last two lines!

2. Karla says:

Love that snippet, Cara! Can’t wait to read the whole thing very soon.
    Also, I totally got a chuckle out of his last name. Very cute.

Seriously…this is how the (my) subconscious mind works…I didn’t realize the significance of his last name, until you mentioned it! Can you believe that? But when I started the book, the name Tanner stuck in my mind.

In the first Rod and Cane book, Unexpected Consequences, I consciously chose the name Traynor, a play on Trainer (Train Her).

Goes to show how much of writing is unconscious.

3. LOL — I love the humor in this. And the last two lines are perfection. 🙂

4. Gemma Parkes says:

Ah the romance! This is the true reality! loved it!

5. Those last two lines had me laughing aloud. Fantastic six.

6. S. J. Maylee says:

Yes, they had me giggling too. I like him, he is such an ass man. Congrats on the release!!

7. Paula Martin says:

Very realistic, this is exactly how some men think!

8. Sue says:

Writer’s minds work in mysterious ways. Lucky for him her face does not turn him off lol

9. Elin Gregory says:

Lovely! And that Tanner was serendipitous is priceless!

10. Great six, enjoyed the way he’s thinking! Will be fun to watch them get together.

11. Gem Sivad says:

I can see him ogling her derriere as she walks away and imagining his hand delivering a “firm” spanking. Great six. 😀

12. You’re so good at getting a knee-jerk reaction out of me; this time it’s the urge to punch Mr. Tanner in the nuts. The thing is, I know as this progresses I’m gonna end up liking him, and then hating myself for it. Damn you, Cara. *shakes fist* (And, you know this is all because you’re an excellent writer, right?)

13. LOL, he’s an ass man, I’m guessing? Thought this was awesome:

With an enticing wiggle, she filled out her jeans like nobody’s business.

Except his.

14. I love that he’s following an ass. Get it? *snort* Never mind. I think this is adorable! Fresh and funny!!

Between his last name and what he’s looking at, he might get more than he bargained for. His supreme arrogance might come back to bite him. Great six, Cara. 🙂 Congratulations on your new release!

16. “With an enticing wiggle, she filled out her jeans like nobody’s business.” Love this line!!! And Tanner – that is pure genius.

17. Karysa Faire says:

LMFAO! Tanner is a great name–especially since it wasn’t a conscious pick.

As usual, your six are stellar!

18. Skye Warren says: