Six Sentence Sunday: A peek at False Pretenses

The second Rod and Cane Society story

Greetings and welcome to the six sentence debut of False Pretenses, my latest domestic discipline erotic romance and the second novel in the Rod and Cane Society series. It will be released by Loose Id on June 12, 2012.

Unexpected Consequences readers will recognize Emma Dupree as the single gal who joined the Wives’ Auxiliary supposedly in search of a dominant husband. The following snippet occurs in chapter one. Emma has arrived home to find her unwelcome ex boyfriend camped out on her sofa. They’re having a bit of a spat…

“What do you know?” she demanded, her ire increasing when Ron ogled her breasts before raising his gaze to her eyes.

“You’ve gotten yourself into some weird shit.”

Emma studied Ron’s smug expression. She figured with 99 percent certainty he was baiting her, but the 1 percent doubt caused unease to skitter along her nerves. “What are you talking about?”

Ron jerked his head at her mini digital recorder on the coffee table.

False Pretenses Blurb

Please visit the great authors on Six Sentence Sunday

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: A peek at False Pretenses

1. Sadey Quinn says:

Nice six. I already really dislike the guy– doing that in six sentences is pretty good!

2. Cara Bristol says:

A big thank you to everyone who comments. I’m traveling today. When I stop for the evening, I’ll make the rounds and visit. Have a great day.

3. Uh-oh! Yeah, I don’t like him either. Great six! 🙂

4. Karla Doyle says:

I like the fiery interaction. Looking forward to reading more!

5. Oh dear. He’s got some info he shouldn’t! LOL Nice six.

6. Layna Pimentel says:

Throw out the bugger! Total creep if he got in while she was out.

7. I’m so glad you’re pulling sixes from FALSE PRETENSES. Waiting until the 12 is killing me. I can’t wait to see how she handles this. First, you listened to my recorder. Second, you challenged what I’m doing, which is NONE of your business. I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

8. Ick, yeah, disliking that guy a lot. Nice six!

9. Eleri Stone says:

Oh, no! Poor Emma.

10. S. J. Maylee says:

Oh the tension. You pulled me right into the story, nice.

11. Okay, I REALLY need to read this book!

12. Laura Kaye says:

Torn between discomfort for Emma and dislike of him! 🙂

13. Karyn Good says:

Great six! Loved the tension and conflict!

14. Ick. Don’t like him. But curious as to what she’s been recording….

15. Sue says:

She’ll have to kick his ass out the door and far far away

16. Suzan Butler says:

Wow, he’s kind of an ass. Great job making that show in six sentences!

17. Elin Gregory says:

Oops, incriminating evidence! Ron seems like the type to read a diary. 🙁

18. Skitter — gawd how I love that word. Excellent six, Cara, from his smug ogling to her skittering nerves.

19. OMG! So Ron found out? He’s jealous and a little spy. Oh my. How the heck did he get in her place? I’d change the locks. Good six, Cara. And, the book cover is divine!

20. Oh, what a little spy! I want to strangle him already! And I like Emma cause I know her from the first book. 😉 Great six!

21. Only six sentences and I want to smack the guy. Great work!

22. She needs to get the locks changed and carry a gun! LOL.

23. Sadie Hart says:

Love the cover, Cara! And she definitely needs to change those locks. After we find out what he managed to record…then she can toss his butt out. Great six!

24. Hmmm… I’m intrigued. Can’t wait for more. 🙂

25. Great tension in your six! He’s pretty snoopy, hey? I bet her response to that will be interesting. 🙂

Oh my. I’m filled with anticipation of what she’ll find out. Fun six, Cara. I hope you got home okay. 🙂