Six Sunday: A Spanko reflects…more from False Pretenses

In this week’s Six Sentence Sunday snippet, Emma and Dan of my domestic discipine erotic romance False Pretenses, are on their first date. (Yes, the first date comes after they have sex in the shower!) He has cooked dinner for her at his house. If you’ve been here before, you know  Emma has gone undercover at the secret Rod and Cane Society to write a story to boost her journalism career. In this scene, Dan has gone to get the hors d’oeuvres and is reflecting on the talk they need to have:

He’d been a hairbreadth away from kissing her before he slammed on the brakes. If he touched her, he risked not stopping at a kiss, and before he got any more deeply involved, he needed to find out how she felt about spanking. As perfect as Emma seemed, if she wasn’t amenable to it—if she didn’t enjoy it—a relationship would never work.

Experience had proven that while vanilla romances started out pleasant, the sexual encounters lacked intensity and intimacy. His need to connect with like-minded women had prompted him to join an organization devoted to domestic discipline and spanking. He assumed the married men who comprised the membership of the Rod and Cane Society would have single sisters, cousins, or even ex-girlfriends.

Thank you for visiting. If you’ve enjoyed snippets of False Pretenses, please consider getting the free 2+ chapter Kindle sample or buying the book.

False Pretenses on Amazon

Amazon UK

Barnes & Noble Nook

Please visit the other  authors of Six Sentence Sunday.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Six Sunday: A Spanko reflects…more from False Pretenses

1. S. J. Maylee says:

Smart man. His plan was going so well until Emma stumbled in. So much fun 🙂

2. Love that the sex was before the first date LOL 🙂

Wonderful six Cara!

3. I love how he’s so logical about planning this — and the last line really made me smile. I’ve got a crush on him already. 🙂

4. Gem Sivad says:

Such an organized man. I’m wondering what it will take to throw his life into chaos. Could she be me named Emma?

5. Layna Pimentel says:

Fab six. Love that he’s cautious enough to ensure she’s on the same wave length. 🙂

6. Sue says:

Well that’s true about vanilla, but sometimes one partner can be introduced to an “activity” that they didn’t know they would enjoy. Nice six

Just started reading the book last night– I was wiped so I didn’t get that far, but I can already tell it’s going to be a good one!!!

8. Very practical. No sense wasting their time. Love this six!

9. Good stuff. I just got the book and can’t wait to dig in.

10. I agree with S.J. Smart man. Too bad Emma’s gonna mess with his mind. And vice versa.

11. six says:

I liked your six sentence sunday. I just posted mines check it out. http://www.soniawrites.com/2012/07/six-sentence-sunday-brushing-teeth.html

12. Sarah W says:

Logic and careful planning clearly has nothing to do with sexual attraction and love—and it’s always so much fun to watch characters figure that out. Great six! 🙂

13. Amy Gregory says:

Another great six Cara! Love these two stories…
    Hugs,
    A

14. Karla Doyle says:

That should make for an interesting conversation over dinner! 😉
    Great snippet, Cara. I have False Pretenses waiting at the top of my TBR list –really looking forward to it.

15. Jenna Jaxon says:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall for that talk! Bet she’s gonna make his well laid plan lie a little more crooked. LOL Great six. 🙂