Six Sunday: Uh oh….Dan finds out how Emma feels about spanking…

It’s Sunday, and that means time is running out! The Romance Studio has nominated False Pretenses for Sweetheart. Voting is open until midnight tonight (Aug. 5) EST. Please, would you consider voting for it? You can vote here.

It’s also time for another six sentences from False Pretenses, the second book in the Rod and Cane Society series. To recap: Dan and Emma are on a date. He has a spanking fetish. He has asked her how she feels about adults spanking adults. This is from Emma’s POV:

Even after interviewing dozens of Auxiliary wives, she didn’t have a clue why a woman would allow a man to rule their home, let alone permit him to apply a hand to her backside. She had flaws, but she’d dedicated herself to improving them. They didn’t give a man the right to order her around, to enforce his will by inflicting physical pain. “Spankings hurt, don’t they?” Her imagination flashed a scene of Dan smacking her ass as he fucked her from behind, and her heart went crazy in her chest.

An avid curiosity in spanking didn’t mean that she wanted to experience one.

I appreciate the time you take to visit, read my blog and post comments.

False Pretenses on Amazon

Amazon UK

Barnes & Noble Nook

Please visit the other authors on Six Sentence Sunday.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Six Sunday: Uh oh….Dan finds out how Emma feels about spanking…

1. Kate Warren says:

Sounds to me like she wants to experience it. Academic question: is it possible to spank in that position?

2. Cara Bristol says:

You CAN smack in that position, but an all-out spanking? Not really. But this is Emma’s fantasy. She finds out later how it’s really done. LOL.

3. Dara Ames says:

I think she’s more than a bit curious! Very provocative six!
    Dara

4. I love the last line — and her attempts to convince herself of her lack of interest in the experience. 🙂

5. Karla Doyle says:

Oh, Emma, stop trying to fool yourself! 😉

Hmmm…I like Emma’s imagination:)

7. Sue says:

She’s more than a little curious. I like the line her heart went crazy, simple and says what you want it to.

8. I think she’s lying to herself…she so wants to experience it! Awesome six as always!

9. S. J. Maylee says:

Anticipation is in full swing. One small step 😉 I just fell for her a bit more.

10. Fun Six! Curiosity is a good thing!

11. Layna Pimentel says:

Yes it does! LOL

Great six!

12. Now that’s an internal conflict! Wonderful!

13. I’m in agreement with Chrisine Warner, she wants to experience this! So sexy Cara!!

14. Gemma Parkes says:

I think she’s expressing what we all probably feel at some time, it seems insane that we would enjoy something like that, but if it’s done with love, we usually do!

15. Sure she doesn’t want to experience one! I love the tension in this scene and the “misunderstanding” they work through. Nice job, Cara, I loved this book.

16. Curiosity will get the best of her…Fab six

17. Kinda made my heart go crazy in my chest too. YUM!
    Sophie.

Great snippet, Cara. Sounds like she has decisions to make later on. 🙂

19. Skye Warren says:

Very hot! That girl is just begging for it… mentally, that is 🙂

20. Sarah W says:

It’s not the spanking she objects to, methinks–it’s the motivation behind (pardon the pun) it. Very Nice! 🙂

21. Interesting how her mind is beginning to justify things. I wonder if she’ll compromise those ideals or bend him to *her* ways.

22. Dee Carney says:

LOL. I love her feelings on this…I think they’re about to change if her physical reaction is any indication.

23. Oh my! What a great set up!!

24. Jenna Jaxon says:

Hmmm. The lady doth protest too much, me thinks. 🙂 Great six. On my TBR list!

25. Amy Gregory says:

So Cara,,, gotta know, is there a third book in this series??? 🙂
    Hugs,
    A

Why yes, Amy, there will be a third book. Thanks for asking. I just plotted it out today. Will begin writing tomorrow. I plan to make this a long-running series. Have ideas for books 4 & 5 too.

26. I think she’s not telling herself the whole truth here, will be interesting to read the further developments – excellent excerpt!