Six Sentence Sunday: Emma’s first spanking

The second Rod and Cane Society novel

Well, here are again…Sunday and time for another six sentences from False Pretenses, my domestic discipline erotic romance published by Loose Id. Emma is over Dan’s knee, but he’s only been caressing her ass up until this point…

Emma recognized the moment his caress was going to become a serious smack. Perhaps it was a sudden tension in his body, the lift and pause of his stroking hand, a crackle in the aura of intimacy.

Prescience didn’t mitigate impact. When the spank came, falling sharply on her panty-clad behind, it stung mightily, and she yelped. A split second later, he burned her other cheek. She pressed her lips together to stifle a cry, not so much at the sharp pain, but at the knowledge that everything had changed.

False Pretenses Blurb

Freelance journalist Emma Dupree needs a sensational story to boost her career and free her from the corporate hell of her day job. She finds her blockbuster in the Rod and Cane Society, an organization that encourages men to spank their spouses and goes undercover to expose the kinky perversions. Fearing she could be scooped by a rival reporter, she keeps a tight lid on her story, not even telling her new boyfriend.

Dan Tanner knows all about keeping secrets. He’s a member of the kinky perv organization Emma is striving to expose. This real estate agent has a major spanking fetish and would like nothing more than to get his hands on Emma’s ass, but fears rejection from his sexy new lady who insists she’s 100 percent pure vanilla.

They’re both operating under False Pretenses. Who will be the first to lose their cover and when Emma loses hers, will she let Dan discipline her for it?

♥♥♥

False Pretenses is the second novel in the Rod and Cane Society series about men who spank and the women who love them. The first book is Unexpected Consequences. I’m feverishly working on the third. The title is a “sooper sekrit.”

♥♥♥

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate your time and your comments. Please check out the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Emma’s first spanking

1. I love that “everything had changed” This is hot in a very unexpected way. Love it!

Hot six! That first smack always changes everything, does it? 😉

3. I really enjoyed False Pretenses so these little bits of it are like getting to enjoy it all over again. Thanks!

4. Karla Doyle says:

Gotta love that first, hot smack. 😉

How’s the third book going, Cara? I bet a lot of your readers are clammoring for more.

Actually….I started writing the LAST CHAPTER of the first draft of “Rod and Cane 3” this morning. My goal is to submit it to Loose Id by the end of September.

5. That last line has so much impact. But did she like it? Great six! 🙂

6. This is amazing on so many levels — the description in the first paragraph, her intense awareness of it all. Very nice!

7. Silver James says:

Ugh, computer issues last week. I did make it around to read, just wasn’t able to comment. Things all better this week so I can leave my “mark”. Powerful snippet this week. Loved this phrase: a crackle in the aura of intimacy.

Keep up the terrific work.

8. S. J. Maylee says:

Everything changed. Yes. I loved this book, Cara. So glad I got to read it last week. It was fabulous.

9. One slap does change things doesn’t it. You nailed her feelings perfectly. 😉

Congrats on almost finishing #3. Judging by the success of the first two Rod and Canes, this one will be a winner too!

“the knowledge that everything had changed” I absolutely love that.

11. Dee Carney says:

Love the subtle tension in this! I was clenching! LOL

12. Yep, the “everything had changed” got me too.

13. Skye Warren says:

Ohhh, the blending of the emotional impact with the physical is so well done here, in both paragraphs. Very nice, Cara!

14. Carrie Crain says:

Emma is so in touch with her body. “Everything had changed” — really superb line! Your writing is sensual and the scene is beautifully written.

15. I like the way this came out It’s like you’re getting smacked for the first time right along with Emma! Makes me want more.

16. Sue says:

I agree. The last line was a stunner, and I also ask…did it excite her?

17. There’s a lot of impact (pun intended) in these six, and I love that she realizes how much this one act has changed things for both of them.

18. Dara Ames says:

Another lovely six, Cara! I loved the “crackle in the aura of intimacy line”. Such a profound way to describe something that can’t been seen, heard, or touched. And the last line, where she’s realized that everything had changed… very very well done!

19. wow, an excellent snippet! The description is just amazing!

20. You really paint a great picture…and I loved that moment she realized things just changed! Great 6

21. Vivien Jackson says:

Awesome last line on that snippet! I appreciate that you never talk down to your readers. If a two-dollar word serves the purpose perfectly, you trust us to be able to handle it. Resultant writing is everything but ordinary and a pleasure to read.

22. Suzan Butler says:

Beautiful writing. Loved the tense emotions there. Fantastic six!

23. Terrific excerpt – loved the phrase about the “crackle in the aura”. This has been an interesting story to follow for sure!

24. Minelle says:

What more can I say everyone already went there! Great 6.

25. Jenna Jaxon says:

Very hot on many levels. Her awareness transcends anticipation and when it comes, like she says, it changes everything. But how much and in what ways? Can hardly wait to find out!

26. A lovely moment in the book–both in description, plot movement and character development. We’re there with her and it is ever so delicious.