Six Sentence Sunday: Lon shares a sexy secret

Yesterday was the first day of autumn and with the new season comes a change. I’m going to take a break from False Pretenses and present some snippets from Reckless in Moonlight, an erotic (sizzling) cougar romance.

Here’s the background: Dana is skinny dipping in her pool when she gets caught by Lon. Impulsively, she invites him over. He offers to teach her to swim. Jokingly, he tells her if she swims a lap to show him what she knows, he’ll tell her secret. (There’s POV break in the middle of this scene).

He felt her shiver, and he tucked an errant strand of hair behind her ear, then bent his head so that his lips hovered next to her lobe. “My secret is…I want to fuck you,” he whispered.

Fortunately, Dana had a swim buddy, because her legs were going to give out, and she might drown. Of course, her swim buddy had caused the weakening of her limbs, the tremors, and the difficulty breathing.

Reckless in Moonlight Blurb:

Forty-five-year-old Dana Markus knows a full moon makes people act crazy. It’s why they call the power company with stories about aliens disrupting the earth’s climate. It probably explains why her ex-husband left her for a girl scarcely older than their college-age daughter. It definitely accounts for why she impulsively invited the neighbor’s hunk of a son over for a skinny-dip. And why 28-year-old Lon Corbin accepted.

Lon doesn’t think much of the mass of rock orbiting the earth, but he does think he’s the luckiest man alive when the sexy divorcee he’s admired from afar invites him into her pool. He knows she has reservations about their age difference, but he’s planning to show her in a very physical way how good they could be together if she’ll give him the chance.

But when their simmering private passion boils over into a public relationship, family pressures and schemes threaten to split the couple apart.

The moon brought them together — but can it save them?

Get Reckless:   On Amazon       On Amazon UK              On Barnes & Noble

Please visit the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday!

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Lon shares a sexy secret

1. Love it! That last paragraph is perfect…great six!

2. Oh yes, yes, YES! Reckless in Moonlight is one of the best cougar stories evah!

3. Sarah W says:

I love the idea of a May-December romance with the traditional genders reversed—and this snippet is great!

4. Ana says:

It’s really interesting to see the old age expectations of romances being reversed. I like the part about her swim buddy causing her fatigue. 🙂

5. Such a sexy six! This one is on my e-reader. I NEED to read it! 🙂

6. Yum — I love her swim buddy already! You have such a beautiful writing style. I can’t wait to read this story. 🙂

7. Karla Doyle says:

Read this when it first came out. Great story. Delicious hero!

8. Eleri Stone says:

That’s a hell of a secret:) I love, love, love when heroes are so direct.

9. Jenna Jaxon says:

What a great secret to share! LOL I so want to read this book! I’ve loved all the snippets here. Sexy six –a fantasy come true. 🙂

10. I love that last paragraph. Great six!

11. S. J. Maylee says:

Why haven’t I read this yet?! He has the best secrets 🙂

12. Oh my! Now I’m really excited. I just bought this book yesterday. I can’t wait to dive in! Great six!!!

13. Layna Pimentel says:

Fantastic snippet. Loved the way he shared his secret. *grins*

14. Silver James says:

Gotta love a man who knows what he wants! I love the premise of this story–especially the effect of family and friends on the couple. Terrific six today!

15. sue says:

I remember this story from prior postings. I want to talk to you about POV changes, I am confused 😀

When you only see six sentences, it’s not clear. I probably should have omitted mention of the POV shift. In the book, he’s watching her swim and thinking about her, and then his POV ends with the first paragraph here. Then I switch to Dana’s POV for her reaction to his comment.

16. Carrie Crain says:

Yours will be my first cougar romance I’ve ever read! OMG. Swim buddies — LOVE IT!!

Oh, the pleasure of being wanted. Fun six, Cara. 🙂

18. Paula Martin says:

Great six, not surprised her limbs are going weak!

19. There’s a lot to be said for a straight-talking guy. And you said it!

20. Naomi says:

What a sexy secret to learn. No wonder she went week in his presence. Just hope she’s buoyant

21. What a fantastic secret! That’s one I wouldn’t mind keeping. lol

22. Laura Kaye says:

Love his secret! Enjoyed this story! 🙂

23. Karysa Faire says:

I LOVED this story. Think I might need to go read it again. 😉 Of course, I think it has something to do with the fact that I’ll be turning 42 in just two weeks. . . Can I have a swim buddy, too?

24. Skye Warren says:

Ooh, coarse words are so sexy.

When I originally wrote this it was a much “sweeter” story, but my editor at Loose Id told me I needed to “raunch it up” and make it a “one-handed read.” So I did. It’s still sweet, but it’s a little raunchy too.

ooh, that’s just plain yummy!!!

26. Everyone should have a swim buddy like this guy LOL! Terrific six!

27. Maggie Wells says:

Love the premise and the six!

28. To combine the closeness with the such a blunt statement is so impactful. This is one of your few works I haven’t read–I’ll have to change that. Lovely snippet.

29. Lisa Medley says:

Cara, I really enjoyed all of the excerpts. I’m downloading Reckless in Moonlight right now 😉 Your Rod & Cane series sounds very intriguing as well. Great writing! Can’t wait to sample some more 🙂