Yesterday I posted five factoids about me and asked you to guess which one was false. Ten of you left guesses, and your answers were all over across the board, although being bitten by the rattlesnake was the most popular “lie.” Were you right? Here are the answers:
1. I got stood up by the same guy twice in the same night. Sadly, this is TRUE! I had a blind date with a guy arranged through a small video dating service. We were supposed to meet for drinks. I waited 45 minutes at the bar, and he never showed up. He called me later and apologized profusely, but gave no explanation, although he asked for a second chance. Reluctantly (stupidly) I agreed to meet him at a coffee shop later that same evening. That time I only waited 15 minutes. I left a message on his answering machine to never call me again. About a month later, he asked the woman running the video service if I’d give him another chance. No way.
2. My boyfriend pulled a gun on me when I showed up at his house unannounced. TRUE. This was my husband by the way. The pipes at my house had frozen overnight and when I got up for work, I had no water. So I drove to my boyfriend’s house and let myself in. He was asleep. I went into the spare bathroom to take a shower and when I came out, he leaped from the behind the wall with his gun drawn. Boy, was he pissed.
3. After a car full of guys repeatedly and deliberately rear ended me during a traffic jam, I got out my car on the freeway and confronted them. TRUE. Traffic was bumper to bumper on one of the LA freeways and a car behind me kept tapping my car. Finally, during one of the stops, I got out, walked to their vehicle and told him them to knock it off (only not so politely). They were impolite back, and later they mooned me. Not my smartest moment!
4. I was struck by a rattlesnake at the site of Custer’s Last Stand when I exited a ranger show, and it was on the sidewalk. FALSE. This is the lie. However, I could have been bitten. There was a small snake on the walkway, and I bent over to scoot it off with my program and noticed the wedge-shaped head at the same time that my husband said, “That’s a rattlesnake!” I probably got within 6 inches of it.
5. I’ve lived with as many as twelve indoor pets, including seven dogs and five cats. Alas, this is TRUE. My mother was dog crazy. As a teenager, I couldn’t wait to leave home to get away from the animals. I moved out at 18, in part because of the animals. As a result of having had all these pets, while I like dogs, I never want to own one. It did not affect the way I feel about cats, but I draw the limit at two.
Thank you everybody for playing along. I really enjoyed your answers and especially the reasoning!