Many articles suggesting nonverbal ways to say ‘I love you’ seem suited more for the women wrote them. While a man might recognize the meaning intended in a candlelight bubble bath or rose petals strewn through the house, chances are those romantic gestures are not things he desires. It’s a woman giving him what she wants, the equivalent of a man buying his wife a power drill for her birthday.
If you want to tell your guy ‘I love you’ with a gesture that speaks to the male mind, here are my suggestions:
- A massage
- A surprise blow job
- Morning sex
- His favorite meal
- A free pass from a chore he would usually help you with
- Join him in the shower (warning, this could lead to number 2 or 3)
- Tickets to a sporting event he enjoys
- Keep him company at something he enjoys, but you don’t and would normally skip (ex: a boat show, a gun show, etc.)
- Touch him when you talk to him
- Dress up for him like it’s a special occasion, but do it ‘just because’
What are your suggestions for saying ‘I love you’ to a man? Men, feel free to ring in with what really pleases you.