Six Sunday: Dana has second thoughts — or does she?

Every author has her favorite scenes. Today Six Sentence Sunday snippet comes from one of mine in Reckless in Moonlight, a contemporary erotic romance about a divorcee who becomes involved with a much younger man. In this excerpt, Dana just had sex with Lon for the first time  He’s waiting for her on the patio. (Yes, there are seven sentences here. Six Sunday ends in January, so what the hell!)

As attracted as she was to Lon, she could not allow this madness to continue. She would bring him a beer, chat a bit, and then yawn and shove him out the gate. She’d chalk this up to a midlife crisis exacerbated by a full moon.

So why was she racing to her bedroom and rooting through her drawer for a pair of sexy lace undies? The devil tittered and scrambled back to his perch. She yanked a flirty dress off a hanger and pulled it on. I just want to look presentable when I kick his ass out.

Reckless in Moonlight Blurb:

Forty-five-year-old Dana Markus knows a full moon makes people act crazy. It’s why they call the power company with stories about aliens disrupting the earth’s climate. It probably explains why her ex-husband left her for a girl scarcely older than their college-age daughter. It definitely accounts for why she impulsively invited the neighbor’s hunk of a son over for a skinny-dip. And why 28-year-old Lon Corbin accepted.

Lon doesn’t think much of the mass of rock orbiting the earth, but he does think he’s the luckiest man alive when the sexy divorcee he’s admired from afar invites him into her pool. He knows she has reservations about their age difference, but he’s planning to show her in a very physical way how good they could be together if she’ll give him the chance.

But when their simmering private passion boils over into a public relationship, family pressures and schemes threaten to split the couple apart.

The moon brought them together — but can it save them?

Get Reckless:   On Amazon       On Amazon UK              On Barnes & Noble

Please visit the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday!

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Six Sunday: Dana has second thoughts — or does she?

1. Yeah, she can tell herself that story all day long! Wonderful six…loved that last line!

2. Ana says:

What?? It ends in January? No…. 🙁

I also did seven sentences.

I love the tittering devil.

3. I think one of the best parts about your writing is your characters’ inner monologues. They’re so realistic and you could hear yourself thinking that same thing in a similar situation–and lying to yourself just as much. 😉

4. Evelyn Jules says:

Hee! This is fabulous! Loved this final line: ‘I just want to look presentable when I kick his ass out.’ 😀 You have a great style.

5. Loved that last line. Great six….ah…seven. SSS ending in January makes me sad.

6. Love her conflict over this. Something tells me, though, that she won’t be kicking him out. 😉 Terrific six!

7. I can’t wait to read this book. It’s in my Nook now! Wonderful internal conflict. Great six!

8. The devil made me do it! Hmm. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Delightful six.

9. Jenna Jaxon says:

She is so not kicking his ass out! LOL Love her internal monologue. Can’t wait to read this one. Fantastic six…er seven. 🙂

10. LOL! Sure she does! Okay, MY favorite scene from this book has to be the one outside of her front door. So HAWT!

11. This is just fabulous and had me smiling. I don’t care how old a woman is, she’ll always be a young girl when there’s a sexy guy to be had! Great 6 (who’s counting?)

12. Zee Monodee says:

I have a feeling she’ll be doing stuff to his ass, but not kicking and certainly not out! 🙂

13. Amy Gregory says:

I love that she went in search of pretty panties! It makes it sound so ‘real’ 😀 Love your stories friend!

14. Laura Kaye says:

Love her inner monologue!

15. Dee Carney says:

LOL! Great humor in this!

16. Carrie Crain says:

Sure she does! Her inner conflict is so fun to read. I feel like I’m watching her on the screen! Outstanding!!

17. S. J. Maylee says:

I’m enjoying her turmoil, there, I admitted it. I’m glad that thoughts and actions are two different things. You go girl, get yourself all pretty to kick his ass out, too funny.

18. She’s clearly kidding herself – that comes through loud and clear. I liked the devil scrambling back on his perch LOL. Will be fun to read more! Great six.

19. Dara Ames says:

I really enjoy stories where the age difference presents a conflict. I think it really brings out the true nature of the characters. Loved this excerpt! Will have to check out the whole book now!!

20. sue says:

I can so relate – great story

21. It makes me sad that 6SS is ending in a couple months 🙁

But this…. this six (okay, seven) is the reason I love 6SS so much. Awesome job! Can’t wait to read more!

22. Silver James says:

Ha! I love the devil perched on her shoulder! Dana really needs to give herself a stern talking to. 😉 Right after she shows Lon the gate. Uh huh. Sure! Love where this is going, Cara!

Ooh… the devil’s giggling! Loved it!

24. This is delightful — no wonder it’s a favorite scene. I know I’m going to love reading this book. 🙂

25. Karla Doyle says:

Hmm, I’m not sure I could pick just one favorite scene from Reckless. So many good ones! 🙂