Six Sunday: Oh yes, it’s going to be MUCH better than fine…

I think every author has her favorite scenes, and in this Six Sentence Sunday offering, I’m presenting a snippet from one of my all time favorites.  It’s comes from Reckless in Moonlight, a contemporary erotic romance involving a 45-year-old heroine and a younger man. This is a “phone sex” scene, in which Dana is talking to her boss while Lon proceeds to make love to her.

“Are you still there?” Claire asked.

“It’s going to be…uh…fine.” Dana lolled her head to the side as Lon kissed her neck, the contrasting softness of his lips with the gentle abrasion of his jaw stirring pulses in her clit. She should push him away, deal with business, and then get back to business. Except…except…he’d turned her willpower and gray matter to mush.

“It’s going to be much better than fine.” Lon’s wicked breath filled the ear not pressed to the telephone.

Reckless in Moonlight Blurb:

Forty-five-year-old Dana Markus knows a full moon makes people act crazy. It’s why they call the power company with stories about aliens disrupting the earth’s climate. It probably explains why her ex-husband left her for a girl scarcely older than their college-age daughter. It definitely accounts for why she impulsively invited the neighbor’s hunk of a son over for a skinny-dip. And why 28-year-old Lon Corbin accepted.

Lon doesn’t think much of the mass of rock orbiting the earth, but he does think he’s the luckiest man alive when the sexy divorcee he’s admired from afar invites him into her pool. He knows she has reservations about their age difference, but he’s planning to show her in a very physical way how good they could be together if she’ll give him the chance.

But when their simmering private passion boils over into a public relationship, family pressures and schemes threaten to split the couple apart.

The moon brought them together — but can it save them?

Get Reckless:   On Amazon       On Amazon UK              On Barnes & Noble

Please visit the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday!

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Six Sunday: Oh yes, it’s going to be MUCH better than fine…

1. Oh, that is so hard to remain business-like on the phone when someone is doing that to you. Great six! 🙂

2. Yummy six. Can’t imagine being coherent on the phone while that is going on.

3. Ana says:

It will be fine indeed! Yes, being coherent seems a rather difficult task.

4. Awesome six… She should tell whoever’s on the phone she’ll them back later… much later.

5. Oooooh this is turning into a very sensual moment. I loooove that one kiss on her neck turns to mush. My main ladies have that problem too! 🙂

6. Evelyn Jules says:

Holy moly. *fans self* I’m two seconds away from getting me a copy of this story. Absolutely wicked six!

7. Carrie Crain says:

OMG. I would not be able to maintain a serious, professional voice over the phone. Laugh! What a delicious moment between Dana and Lon. Love it!!

8. Sexy, sexy six. Heck of a work distraction. Love the age difference. Whole excerpt had me wanting more.

9. Sarah W says:

Goosebumps. Seriously.

If I was Dana, my next words would be, “Clabble, urg, uhhhh.”

10. Oh my…if that happened regularly I might even consider going back to working in an office.

11. Karla Doyle says:

I read Reckless when it came out. That was a hot scene!

12. OK, *I* can’t concentrate with all that sexy good stuff going on – very well done six and fun!

13. Dee Carney says:

Sexy times are about to start! Woot!

14. S. J. Maylee says:

I see why it’s one of your favorites. Sexy, hot 6. Love those last couple of lines. He’s a wicked man. 🙂

15. Gem Sivad says:

I loved this wickedly sensual scene in Reckless!

16. A kiss on the neck and the “passion” below. Raw emotion from a few sentences, except, except…… Now I got to read the whole story !

17. sue says:

Yeah, you’ve posted that one previously and it’s one of my favs also – awesome

18. oohhh…love your take on phone sex! Very sexy snippet.

19. Ugh. Melt. I’m right there with her in that pile of mush. Just wicked. Yum.

20. Zee Monodee says:

Naughty, naughty Lon! Gotta love that ‘initiative’ in a man, right? 🙂 xoxo

Love this six, Cara! What a great contrast and so sensual while she has to focus on the phone. 🙂

22. Oh… your six post is tantalizing!

23. Maggie Wells says:

This is just too delicious!

24. Yay, so glad you’ve revisited this story! They sound like such a sexy couple! I think this story was the first one of your SSS excerpts that I started reading….

25. What an awesome six, Cara! So wicked and very fun. 🙂

26. Great six! And Lon is awesome. I think you’re going to have all of us arm wrestling for him pretty soon. 🙂

27. Jenna Jaxon says:

Lon is so deliciously naughty–as is this six! This is a must read on my TBR!