The Feminist and the Dom accepted by Loose Id…

Yesterday I mailed a signed contract to Loose Id for The Feminist and the Dom, the third novel in the Rod and Cane Society series. It’s too soon for a publication date, but I’ll keep you posted.

Here’s the blurb I submitted to my editor:

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s not going to work. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the evening ends, she’ll never have to see him again.

A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who spank, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a Dom convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

In the novel, Stephanie is the founder and leader of WAN — Women Act Now — a feminist women’s organization. She’s introduced to Mark by Liz Davenport, the female attorney and spanked wife who appeared in the first Rod and Cane novel, Unexpected Consequences. Mark and Stephanie’s meet for their first date at Bottom’s Up, the spanko bar that debuted in the second Rod and Cane book, False Pretenses.

Although “Dom” normally refers to a BDSM Dominant, The Feminist and the Dom is a domestic discipline erotic romance, rather than BDSM fiction. Mark is more “dominant” than “Dominant.”

I got the idea for The Feminist and the Dom after I wrote blogs on carabristol.com and Wellred Weekly about feminism and spanking/domestic discipline. A common question is how does one reconcile feminism and spanking? It’s more than a question to Stephanie!

****

The tally: I have six books published (seven if you count an anthology that contains two of them) and two accepted for publication. Six of the stories involve spanking/domestic discipline, three of those are part of a series. Two books contain no spanking; one is a contemporary older woman/younger man romance, the other a paranormal/vampire romance.

This entry was posted in Domestic discipline stories and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Feminist and the Dom accepted by Loose Id…

1. Basia Rose says:

Congratulations!
    It annoys me so much that people can’t see the difference between submission and antifeminism! I’m a crazy feminist sometimes – especially with the way politics has been going in the US and Australia in recent months. Yet I’m also submissive. Which is what makes your books so interesting: women who are struggling to be both.
    I tend not to talk about anything even remotely related to BDSM or DD with people close to me, because they all go off on rants about abuse of women. The only time I have a problem with anything relating to these lifestyles is when men make it about religion – because I’m not submitting for Jesus, I’m doing it for me!

Thanks, Basia. I think many people like things simple: black and white, either/or. Human relationships are complex and often don’t fit into neat little boxes.

2. Ana says:

Congratulations, Cara! What wonderful news! It’s funny that you seem to have anticipated the questions I wanted to ask. 🙂 The only question I have now is where is the link to the blog you wrote on feminism and spanking? I’d love to read it. I actually have a different view of the spanking and feminism, but that doesn’t prevent me from respecting other views. Plus, strong women make more interesting characters.

Congratulations again!

Congratulations, Cara! I can’t wait to read the third book in this awesome series you’ve created:) Loved the snippets from your last blog post too:)

4. Karla Doyle says:

Congratulations, Cara! Ooh, cop hero…you know I’m hooked now. Can’t wait to see what L-I does for your cover! 🙂

Thanks. I’m excited about the cover too. I have a mental picture already. April Martinez of LI has done all my LI covers. She does a fabulous job.

5. S. J. Maylee says:

This was already on my must TBR pile, now I’m really excited 😀 looking forward to the cover. Congratulations.

6. Cara Bristol says:

Thank you, Shoshanna & S.J.

7. Melanie J says:

I actually just stumbled onto this site and I look forward to reading your books. They souns fantastic. Just curious, how many books are you planning to write in the Rod and Cane Society series?

Thanks

Hi Melanie –
      I don’t have a set number of books. Books one and two have been published. Book three has been accepted. I know what book four is going be, and I have some ideas for five and six. Will I go beyond that? I hope so!

8. Sorry I’m late to the party, Cara. Very exciting! Congratulations. I can’t wait to read this one since I find the whole feminist/submissive issue interesting. Yay!

9. Cara Bristol says:

You might be late, but you’re fashionably late! Grab a glass of wine and join the party!