Six Sentence Sunday: A favorite scene from Reckless…

Kids! Ya gotta love ’em or you’ll strangle ’em. For this week’s Six Sentence Sunday, I’m presenting a snippet from one of my favorite scenes from Reckless in Moonlight. Dana is dating a younger man, and her college age daughter Katie has found out and disapproves. Dana takes her out for lunch and shopping to discuss it. This scene takes place in a small clothing boutique, in Katie’s POV (And yes, I’m a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater; I have more than six sentences here. But they’re short and SSS will be ending in January!).

“Katie.” Her mother’s voice turned firm. “We need to discuss…Lon.”

At the mention of his name, Katie’s hand froze on another ugly shirt as an epiphany flashed like a rocket flare. “Oh. My. God!” She whipped around to gape at her mother. “That condom was yours!” Her voice rose. “You had sex with the neighbors’ son in the swimming pool!”

Despite the blaring music, heads turned.

Reckless in Moonlight Blurb:

Forty-five-year-old Dana Markus knows a full moon makes people act crazy. It’s why they call the power company with stories about aliens disrupting the earth’s climate. It probably explains why her ex-husband left her for a girl scarcely older than their college-age daughter. It definitely accounts for why she impulsively invited the neighbor’s hunk of a son over for a skinny-dip. And why 28-year-old Lon Corbin accepted.

Lon doesn’t think much of the mass of rock orbiting the earth, but he does think he’s the luckiest man alive when the sexy divorcee he’s admired from afar invites him into her pool. He knows she has reservations about their age difference, but he’s planning to show her in a very physical way how good they could be together if she’ll give him the chance.

But when their simmering private passion boils over into a public relationship, family pressures and schemes threaten to split the couple apart.

The moon brought them together — but can it save them?

Get Reckless:   On Amazon       On Amazon UK              On Barnes & Noble

Please visit the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday!

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: A favorite scene from Reckless…

1. Wow. Fantastic Six. Loved it

2. Ceri Hebert says:

Now there’s an embarrassing moment! Well done!

3. So much information and reader interest in this six, even turns the readers head….

4. I hope you had pumpkin pie.

This made me laugh! Poor embarrassed Katie.

5. Jenna Jaxon says:

Sometimes you wished you’d strangled them at birth! How embrrassing–for both of them. Okay–buying this one NOW!

6. Evelyn Jules says:

Ha! So awkward, so hilarious. And swimming pool sex? Yummmmm! 😀 Great six, Cara!

7. That’s quite the thing to shout out in the middle of a shop. LOL Great six! 🙂

8. Alix Cameron says:

Love it, the depth of your characters always dazzles me. Great six!

Great excerpt! Made me laugh. Poor Katie and Dana…I hope they work it out!

10. Love the tension! Pretty funny too. 🙂

Great selection this week.

11. Wow. Really cool six. Hey, what’s good for papa is great for mama!

12. Lisa Fox says:

Oh no! That’s awesomely terrible!

13. LOL — not a conversation either one of them wants to have. Fun six. 🙂

14. Gem Sivad says:

Yep, all eyes turned her way. No doubt about it. 🙂

15. How embarrassing. Did she slink out of the store directly after that? I would. Great six!

16. Karla Doyle says:

I don’t think they’ll be shopping there again anytime soon. 😉 Very cute.

17. haha! Oh my God. I’m mortified for her. Fantastic snippet! I love it.

18. S. J. Maylee says:

How embarrassing and so much fun to read. Entertaining 6.

19. sue says:

My humour writing teacher tolld us to listen in on others’ conversations. Had I heard this one I would have moved closer so not to miss a word 😀

20. LOL! And, ouch, this situation is so awkward it is almost painful. Great six!

21. Oh dear, what a moment! and I’m sure the next few bits of conversation will be equally uncomfortable inagoodway. Great six!

22. ROFL! Where are the socks when you need to gag a girl?!

23. You got that outraged teen feel perfectly. Good on mom!

24. This is the accurate web-link (sorry)

25. Botanist says:

And I thought it was only toddlers who came out with the embarrassing comments in the middle of a store 🙂

26. Sarah W says:

Say it louder, kid—your Mom hasn’t died of embarrassment, yet! Great six!

27. Woot! Love this scene and your ending sentence.

28. Laura Kaye says:

LOL! Great embarrassing moment!

29. Carrie Crain says:

OMG! This is getting great! What a funny moment with your characters. LOL!!

Nothing quite like subtlety, lol. Great six, Cara. 🙂