Six Sentence Sunday: the relationship starts to crumble….

It’s been fun…but it’s time to move on for Lon and myself.  This is the last week I’ll feature Reckless in Moonlight for Six Sentence Sunday. Next week, I’m going to roll out a snippet from the soon-to-be-released The Feminist and the Dom, the third Rod and Cane Society domestic discipline erotic romance.

In this week’s scene, Dana’s ex-husband has had a heart attack. Her boyfriend Lon overheard and misunderstood a tender moment between Dana and her ex. He thinks she and her ex are going to reconcile so he’s beating her to the punch…

“I know why you’re here,” he said before she could launch into her it’s-not-you-it’s-me speech. “We had fun, a pleasant interlude.” He nearly gagged on the words. It had been so much more to him.

“A pleasant interlude?” She stared, but he couldn’t meet her eyes. He feared he’d lose his nerve, would resort to begging for another chance to prove to her they had something special.

Reckless in Moonlight Blurb:

Forty-five-year-old Dana Markus knows a full moon makes people act crazy. It’s why they call the power company with stories about aliens disrupting the earth’s climate. It probably explains why her ex-husband left her for a girl scarcely older than their college-age daughter. It definitely accounts for why she impulsively invited the neighbor’s hunk of a son over for a skinny-dip. And why 28-year-old Lon Corbin accepted.

Lon doesn’t think much of the mass of rock orbiting the earth, but he does think he’s the luckiest man alive when the sexy divorcee he’s admired from afar invites him into her pool. He knows she has reservations about their age difference, but he’s planning to show her in a very physical way how good they could be together if she’ll give him the chance.

But when their simmering private passion boils over into a public relationship, family pressures and schemes threaten to split the couple apart.

The moon brought them together — but can it save them?

Get Reckless:   On Amazon       On Amazon UK              On Barnes & Noble

Please visit the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday!

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: the relationship starts to crumble….

1. Jenna Jaxon says:

Sorry to see this one go, but the next one sounds yummy too! Misunderstandings are the bane of every relationship. Hard not to jump to conclusions. But “a pleasant interlude?” Oooh, she’s going to have a field day with that! Fantastic six!

2. Filled with such emotion. Great six! 🙂

3. Karla Doyle says:

Oh, Lon, you silly (dumb, lol) man.
    Looking forward to snippets from your upcoming release, Cara. 🙂

4. Oh, Lon — I hate to see him distressed. But I’m sure the makeup parts will be good. 🙂 Nice six, as always.

Poor Lon! I hope Dana sets him straight!

6. Amy Gregory says:

That part had me almost in tears 🙁 great book and can’t wait for next week!

7. Gem Sivad says:

I could feel his pain. Great six!

8. I started this book last night! Loving it! Not quite at this part yet, but I can’t wait. I blame you for keeping me up past my bedtime. 🙂 Great six!!!

9. Dara Ames says:

Dang… I just wanna give him a hug, now! Lovely job making readers feel for him. Great six!

10. Aww, you’re breaking my heart! Terrific emotion in this!

11. Oh no! Poor Lon… Poor Dana! Great six! 🙂

12. Sarah W says:

I wonder how she’s going to handle this one . . .

I can’t wait to read this whole thing!

13. Carrie Crain says:

This snippet conjured up old tensions and feelings with me and my ex. So much family drama! Your character is strong-willed. Looking forward to seeing how she handles all this drama and tension!

14. Lisa Fox says:

Oh, poor man! His emotion really comes through.

15. Great 6 – I feel for him, but it’s such a dumb guy move. Great emotion.

16. Laura Kaye says:

Oh no, how can you leave them there??? LOL

17. Lord, let the woman explain, Lon. She’s not so simple. I’m sure this will get out of hand. I think this is your one book I haven’t bought and read. Gonna have to fix that. So excited about Rod and Cane 3!

18. Ceri Hebert says:

Oh no! Poor guy! Well done. 🙂

19. Oh, brother! Someone is *not* good with words (and I don’t mean you!)…what a great description of someone doing something very stupid for what he thinks are good reasons.

20. The emotion is subtle but intense – you know what I mean.

21. Minelle says:

What is that saying when you assume you know what is said……? Poor guy, I hope she sets it straight quickly!

22. Oh dear, hope they can work through this misunderstanding in the making! Excellent excerpt as always…

23. Thianna D says:

It has been great getting to know these two, but can hardly wait for the new teasers for The Feminist and the Dom

24. sue says:

Love the title of the new one — and as for this –I’m pretty sure it will all get settled

25. Lon’s youth is showing. I hope Dana straightens him out right quick!

26. Evelyn Jules says:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed each and every snippet from this story! Thanks so much for sharing! Can’t wait to see what your new book has in store! 🙂

27. So much emotion in this six. Looking forward to next week.

Ah yes, the old “I hit her back first” move. So much pain in him. Great six, Cara. 🙂

29. Ryan Derham says:

There’s always more pain in leaving things unspoken, unsaid, and you show that nicely. Great six, Cara!

30. E. Jamie says:

Aww! I love Lon. Great six.