Ta dah! The final product….#BuildingAHouse…

The house my husband and I have been building is D-O-N-E! We moved the day after Thanksgiving. Here’s what it looks like…

The front. The landscaping isn't quite done yet in this photo and the cleaners haven't done the windows, but this is pretty much what it looks like.

The front door - with a "speak easy."

The foyer

We have a open floor plan, great room, dining & kitchen are all one room

Wood burning fireplace in the great room. HUGE. I have to stand on the hearth to reach the mantel. DH's pride and joy.

MY pride and joy. The kitchen. I agonized over every choice, but I love it.

The library. Will be used as the "home" office, DH's office, the reading room, and another TV room. Not be confused with MY office, which is separate and surrounded by a moat. LOL.

Master bedroom ceiling.

Master bath. MY sink. DH has his own and we have separate closets!

I had posted a blog about the process of building the house a while back. You can read that post here. I’ll post photos of my office after it’s put together and decorated.

This entry was posted in Life 101 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Ta dah! The final product….#BuildingAHouse…

1. What do you mean by the “speak easy” with the picture of the door? That is a gorgeous door, by the way.

Fun to see the marble you chose.

Have you gotten to use your fireplace yet?

Where will you be writing?

Enjoy! 😀

A speak easy is a little door (a peek window) that opens up. We used the fireplace last night! My husband couldn’t wait. I will turn one of the spare bedrooms into my office. I’ll post photos of that too. (Planning a whole blog about it, actually).

2. Karla Doyle says:

I love it! All of it! Great job, you guys. I’m sure you’ll be so happy there. 🙂

3. Nikki Hayse says:

What a beautiful home! I love the fireplace and the dark wood floors. We have a lot of tile here and I am not a fan of tile floors.

Thank you. I also love hardwood. Had it in the last two houses, but this is the first time I’ve had dark hardwood. Love it. But it does show every speck of dust. We do have tile in the halls and baths.

4. Alisha C says:

This is absolutely beautiful. I’m so happy for you. I’m sure every little detail you thought a out over and over was and is worth it. Love love love it.

Holy cow! What an incredible house!! Congratulations and good luck with the unpacking!

Thank you, Renee. I’m realizing we have too much stuff! We’ve been living in a small rental house for the past year, and half our stuff was still packed. This house is loaded with storage, but I DON’T want to fill it up with stuff.

6. It’s beautiful! May you live there in health, wealth, and happiness! 🙂

7. Minelle says:

Absolutely gorgeous!
    I bet you are happy it is finished!

8. House warming party? 😛
    Absolutely stunning. I wish you and your hubby the absolute best with your new
    home. You can tell how much thought went into it.
    ~Addy

9. Thianna D says:

That’s gorgeous, Cara!

I especially love the curved entryway in the great room.

Thanks, Thianna. My husband is the one who likes things rounded. He wanted the round door, the arches, the meandering sidewalk outside.

Congrats! It’s beautiful…especially the fireplace!

Thanks, Sue. My husband finally got his dream fireplace. He actually fired it up before we moved in. We both prefer a wood-burner to a gas FP.

11. Oh wow, Cara! It’s gorgeous!!! I want to know about the moat. 😉

Thanks, Cassandra. Every author needs a moat around the office. Had I thought about it, I would have planned for it, but alas, it will have to be retrofitted!

12. houston_switch says:

Cara…
    With all the love surrounding your family… in no time this new house will become your home. May G-d bless your new home and keep you safe within. Congratulations!
    houston_switch

13. Congratulations Cara! It’s beautiful and you survived construction and move in. Time to curl up in front of the fireplace w/some wine and relax.

14. Tina B says:

Your house is beautiful!!! I am jealous of your library and kitchen. Well, actually, all of it. 😉
    Congrats on finishing it! 🙂

15. Cool house. I wanna see a picture of the moat!