I was nominated by Ana Vitsky for The Liebster Award. Ana knows how to crack the whip, so I don’t want to disappoint her by not participating this
silly fun chain letter game. Here are rules, stolen verbatim from Ana’s blog:
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into one’s blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Now that we got that out of the way, here are Ana’s questions and my answers:
- What food did you dislike eating as a child? That’s a toughie. I was what you would call “a picky eater.” But I’d say mayo. I wouldn’t eat anything with mayonnaise on it.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh lots. But to pick one…The Magic of Christmas Day.
- Who is your favorite Disney villain? I don’t have an answer for this one. Haven’t seen a Disney movie in years.
- Do you like, dislike or not care about hearing spoilers for a story? Dislike.
- What is your favorite reading position? Curled up on the sofa – with my Kindle, of course.
- How many books do you have on your want-to-read list? Well, “list” would imply they’re all in one location! I have 3 or 4 unread books in my Kindle, maybe a half dozen samples, and scores of the titles/authors scribbled in a notebook beside my computer.
- Have you ever “forgotten” to return a book to a friend or library because you loved it and wanted to keep it? Never. However, I did steal a magazine from the dentist’s office a few months ago.
- Describe one of your spanking (real life or story) fantasies in 11 words or fewer. Aggressive woman executive becomes submissive to her husband in private.
- What is one of your pet peeves about spanking stories? Heroines who disobey/ break the rules and then are surprised when they’re spanked. Even kids know what’s going to get them in trouble.
- Hulu, Amazon Prime streaming, TiVo, or Netflix? (or whatever else you use…)? I DVR. Does that count?
- Your (uncensored) first response to finding out that I nominated you for this award? ANOTHER ONE? But then I saw the questions were interesting.
11 Random Facts about Cara:
- I’m athletically challenged.
- My favorite childhood book was Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell.
- I’m an only child who never had children, but I have two stepkids.
- Hobbies I’ve tried in the past: calligraphy, rock polishing, crocheting rag rugs, belly dancing, bowling.
- I used to be a newspaper reporter and then switched to corporate public relations. Writing erotic romance is now my full time gig.
- Before switching to erotic romance, I wrote mainstream women’s fiction, including four novels and perhaps 20 short stories. Sold three stories. Collected hundreds of rejections. Wrote an erotic romance just for fun, decided to try to sell it and did. I’ve sold each erotic romance to the first publishers I submitted them to. Currently have five published, one in editing, one under contract.
- My very first mainstream novel contained a couple of sex scenes. My husband read it and told me, “You missed your calling. You should be writing screw books. It gave me a raging hard on.” That was 16 years before I wrote my first erotic romance. Guess I should have listened to him, huh?
- Though I used to be a ‘picky eater’ as a child, I’m rather adventurous in my willingness to try new foods now. But I’m still not a fan of mayo.
- My husband and I have traveled all over the world: Italy, Greece, Russia, Thailand, China, Croatia, Turkey, Egypt, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Finland, the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and about ¾ of the states in the U.S. We’re not done yet.
- Unless we’re traveling, we eat in dinner in restaurants perhaps only three or four times a year (I insist on eating out on my birthday and our anniversary). I cook every night. I’m a good cook, but cooking gets old.
- I’ve lived in five states, in the suburbs and the country, in the woods, in the desert, on an island by the water, but I’ve never lived in a big city.
My questions for them:
- If you woke up one morning in the body of man, what is the first thing you would do?
- If you won the lottery and had to buy something fun, what would you buy?
- Something you consider a necessity?
- Something you consider frivolous?
- What was your first job?
- If you had it to do over again you would….
- Something about the opposite sex you find annoying?
- Can you keep a secret?
- Do you prefer cats, dogs, other pets, or no pets?
- Do you believe in psychics?
- Your favorite TV show?