Six Sentence Sunday: Body Politics…what Mark thinks of Stephanie

Time for another snippet from Body Politics, the third Rod and Cane Society novel, to be released by Loose Id on January 8, 2013. I was calling it “The Feminist and the Dom.” This is the set up: Mark DeLuca, the deputy chief of police, and feminist Stephanie Gordon have been fixed up on a blind date. Last week, I gave you a physical description of Stephanie through Mark’s eyes. Today, here’s what he thinks of her in six (or seven!) sentences…

Otis’s wife had nailed it. Strong but vulnerable. Gutsy but feminine. She was his type. Her discomfort called out to his protective side, to reassure her she didn’t need to put on a front with him.

Mark stood up, and she spotted him, hesitated a fraction, then strode to the corner table he’d snagged out of the traffic.

“I’m Mark DeLuca,” he said right off.

Please visit the other authors of Six Sunday.

Body Politics Blurb

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s not going to work. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the evening ends, she’ll never have to see him again.

A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who spank, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a Dom convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

Although Body Politics is the third Rod and Cane novel, the books can be read out of order. Although if you want to read them in order, you can! 🙂

Unexpected Consequences, Rod and Cane 1

False Pretenses, Rod and Cane 2

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Body Politics…what Mark thinks of Stephanie

1. I love how he is so sure that she is his type. Great six! 🙂

2. I’m interested in how Stephanie (possibly Mark?) defines her feminism.

3. Lisa Fox says:

A very direct man that knows what he wants – I like him already.

4. Sarah W says:

I’m going to bet he’s her type too, but she doesn’t think he should be. Excellent—should be fun!

5. Evelyn Jules says:

Love the confidence he has in knowing she’s his type and in introducing himself without missing a beat. This guy oozes sexiness. Can’t wait to see how things progress! Awesome seven! 😉

6. Sexy six! I’m already intrigued by this couple. 🙂

I’m so excited for this one!!!

8. What an impression! It sounds as if you have two strong characters here, a situation which absolutely promises fireworks. Yay!

9. This is going to be a great one! Strong characters. Very nice!

10. Laura Kaye says:

Great description and characterization!

11. S. J. Maylee says:

Sexy and sweet. I like them both. Getting excited for the release.

12. sue says:

their battles will be fun

13. Adaline Raine says:

Ooooooh I love the way he’s looking her over. Hey, Jan 8th is an entire month away! I hope you will use this story for all your ‘sixes’ until then. 😉
    Also, you are my blog of the month for December!
    <3 Addy

14. Sweet and sexy, I like how he immediately stands and introduces himself, to help put her at ease and show his respect!

I can’t wait to read this one!

16. The chase will be fun between these two, no doubt! Enjoyed the excerpt, can’t wait to keep reading!

17. I love that he’s already feeling protective of her. I wonder how she’ll feel about that.

18. I’m looking forward to this one too. Is it time for six more sentences yet?

19. Jenna Jaxon says:

He’s quite the gentleman. Are his instincts correct? Or will they need to work at being each other’s type? Nice six!

20. Paula Martin says:

Tow strong characters – that means sparks are going to fly!

21. Karysa Faire says:

Be still my twitching… 😉

I used to have a crush on a man named Marc DeLuca, so you had me at the beginning!

22. Both sound strong and in tune with themselves. Cant help but think, they could clash too! great six.

23. Karla Doyle says:

Sounds like they’re going to be an interesting & fun couple to read about. 🙂

24. E. Jamie says:

Looking forward to reading more about these two!

I like his diagnosis of her character. Great six, Cara. 🙂