Six Sentence Sunday…Rod and Cane 3…Body Politics….

I figured I’d better squeak in some snippets from Rod and Cane 3, Body Politics before Six Sentence Sunday ends in January. Previously titled, The Feminist and the Dom, Body Politics will be released on January 8, 2013.

But let’s get to it! In this beginning scene, feminist Stephanie Gordon has arrived at the Bottom’s Up bar to meet her blind date Mark DeLuca. He’s waiting for her, and this is what he sees…

She clutched her handbag under her arm as if expecting to be mugged, but threw back her shoulders in defiance. Defensive and aggressive. She wore a man’s white shirt and had unbuttoned the collar and rolled the sleeves to her elbows, then muted the masculine effect by cinching it with a wide leather belt to reveal an hourglass figure. A loop of gold chain rested against her generous breasts, while a heavy cuff manacled her left wrist. Blue jeans hugged her from hips to feet, which were encased in black motorcycle boots, styled for ass-kicking in addition to comfort.

She nibbled on her lower lip but then lifted her chin in a show of bravado.

Tune in next week, to find out what Mark thinks about her. And please visit the other authors of Six Sunday!

Here’s the unofficial blurb I had submitted to Loose Id with my manuscript:

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s not going to work. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the evening ends, she’ll never have to see him again.

A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who spank, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a Dom convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday…Rod and Cane 3…Body Politics….

1. A heavy cuff? Why?

I am looking forward to seeing Stephanie storm away in a snit. 🙂

2. Cara Bristol says:

It’s a cuff style bracelet. And symbolic. You are the early, bird, Ana!

• Ah, I see! For some reason I was thinking of the cuff of a shirt sleeve. I see now. 🙂

I was up *very* late.

I appreciate your comment. I don’t want it to be confusing. I should receive the final proof soon, so I have one last chance to clear up any misunderstanding before it’s published. Anybody else uncertain????

3. Sarah W says:

Mark is going to work for it, isn’t he? 🙂 Should be fun!

4. Oh yum…Does she end up wearing one of his shirts later?

5. Lisa Fox says:

What a great description of her!

6. Evelyn Jules says:

Hot, sexy, wickedly descriptive! Love the sound of this ass-kicking chick! Can’t wait to see what Mark has to say! 🙂

7. I love his descriptions, and his analysis, of her. This sounds like a fun story, and I love the title. 🙂

8. Oh yum! I can totally see how much fun this story is going to be. 🙂

9. So wishing it were Jan. 9, 2013……

10. An intriguing description of her, with some suggested vulnerabilities – can’t wait for more! Great six!

11. Jenna Jaxon says:

She’s sending some mixed signals, isn’t she? I wonder what her true self is like? Guess we’ll get to see when Marc does. 🙂 Nice description. Reveals more than just her appearance.

12. sue says:

I love it! You’re a brave woman Cara. I wonder if the story will get much flack, or if any, when it’s published.

13. Silver James says:

Love the title change. And Mark has his work cut out for him, from this decription.;) Well done!

14. S. J. Maylee says:

Love the description of her complex character and seeing her through his eyes is a great treat. Yeah on the title change, well done.

15. Love her attitude. She’s got spunk, but shows a bit of vulnerability. Great six!

16. Amy Gregory says:

You know I have been dying for #3! Can’t wait, great six and I love the blurb for the book…she’s going to be hell on wheels it sounds like!

17. She’s a study in contrasts, and that makes her very interesting. (Love the new title, btw.)

Love the description. Can’t wait to read it!

19. Dara Ames says:

Love seeing a woman through a man’s eyes… a Dom’s eyes! I can just imagine the sparks these two will create!!

20. Love the contrasting things he’s picking up from her. Sounds like she isn’t pleased to be there. Should be interesting…

21. Love this. She’s all nerves but she doesn’t want anyone to know it. He’s noticed it all. They should be quite a pair.

22. Great description! Love seeing her through his eyes, you’ve done a lot of characterization in such a short snippet…

23. Love how she tries to be brave yet her vulnerability shows through. Great six! 🙂

24. YUM. I love cuffs. Oh, and I love the title for Book 3.

She’s a wonderful mass of contradictions, Cara. Great six. 🙂

26. Fabulous description & I love the reference to the cuffs.