Six Sentence Sunday: Uh oh. A date takes a bad turn…

Greeting Sunday Sixers! I finally got the the cover for Body Politics…however, I don’t have the final, and I’ve asked for some changes, so I can’t reveal it yet. But picture this: feminist Stephanie and deputy chief of police Mark have met on a blind date at a bar called Bottoms Up. Stephanie is drinking a “Bottom Burner” served in a “signature keepsake glass.” As often happens on first dates (and especially blind ones), the conversation has stalled. A hint of awkwardness is in the air….

“Interesting glass,” she mused.

“Signature keepsake,” he parroted. Its somewhat narrow rim flared to a rounded base dimpled in the center, the bifurcation forming two halves.

She drew her eyebrows together. “It almost resembles a butt.”

“It is a butt.”

Body Politics is the third book in the Rod and Cane Society domestic discipline erotic romance series. It will be release by Loose Id on January 8, 2013. Rod and Cane novels are written as stand-alones and can be read out of order.

Body Politics blurb:

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s not going to work. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the evening ends, she’ll never have to see him again.

A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who spank, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a Dom convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

For more great snippets, check out the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Uh oh. A date takes a bad turn…

1. LOL What a glass! Nice six. 🙂

2. Minelle says:

Oooo… surprise, surprise for Stephanie. The six are great and certainly make me want to read

Ohhh…I wonder how she’ll react to that. Funny six. 🙂

4. LOL — this is so fun. And I can’t wait to see that cover!

5. Evelyn Jules says:

Hee! There’s nothing like drinking from a butt glass. 😀 Maybe this will inspire the conversation to take a dirtier turn. Great six, Cara!

6. S. J. Maylee says:

I’m cracking up, I can so picture that conversation. Well done.

7. You had me chuckling. Great six!

8. Hilarious, a unique way to “butt” into a conversation or a book…..

9. sue says:

I assumed you designed the glass yourself, great idea. Wonder what’s going on in her head when he stated the obvious..

10. Jenna Jaxon says:

I know some people I’d love to give that glass to as a Christmas present! LOL Great idea for a “signature” glass. 🙂 Fantastic six!

11. I actually LOL’d. I love awkward moments, and this one came with a share of humor. Looking forward to your release and love, love, love the title!

12. Thianna D says:

ooooh! Cannot wait to see her reaction to that. I am so glad you brought them to Bottoms Up!

13. Now I want to see the glass! LOL. Great six, Cara! And, of course, I love the heroine’s name. 😉 Merry Christmas!

14. Sarah W says:

Well, of course it is! I love your sixes, Cara. 🙂

15. Kate Warren says:

I wonder…is she going to kiss his…glass?

Hopefully that will give them something to laugh about. Fun six, Cara. 🙂

17. Paula Martin says:

LOL,so funny. Hope that breaks the ice between them.

18. Gemma James says:

Lol, great six! What a glass, and what a conversation saver.

19. Paloma Beck says:

Love the glass but am more excited to hear book three is coming soon.

20. HaHa! That’s a funny bit. Nice six!

21. *lol* Well, there are worse things to talk about on blind dates than butt-shaped glasses! Fun six!

Happy Holidays!
    Charley

22. Karla Doyle says:

I would love to see that glass! Any chance you modeled it on something you’ve seen? Hmm…?
    Can’t wait to see your cover. You’re a tease, Cara. 😉