Six Sunday: Body Politics…feminist meets dom…

An epic battle of the sexes begins not with a whimper or a bang, but a blind date. It’s feminist v. spanko in Body Politics, the third Rod and Cane Society novel to be released in a little over a week (January 8, 2013). Right now it’s time for another Six Sentence Sunday. To recap what has occurred: Feminist Stephanie Gordon and Deputy Chief of Police Mark DeLuca have met at the Bottoms Up bar. Stephanie notices her “Bottom Burner” cocktail has been served in a butt glass. We now switch to Stephanie’s POV. When Mark informs her they’re in a bar catering to spankophiles, she leaps to feet…

“Do you seriously think this is appropriate for a date?”

“You seemed to be enjoying yourself until a moment ago.” He stood up and towered over her in a macho way that heaped fuel onto her anger.

Stephanie snatched her handbag and yanked out her wallet.

He closed his fingers around her wrist before she could pull out the bills to pay for her drink. With his thumb he drew a circle on the inside of her arm.

I wish, I wish, I wish I could give the next six sentences because what happens next is one of my favorite parts of the entire book…but that will be next week. Toodles until then.

Thank you for visiting and please check out the other authors of Six Sunday.

Body Politics Blurb

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s not going to work. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the evening ends, she’ll never have to see him again.

A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who spank, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a Dom convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

All Rod and Cane Society domestic disicipline erotic romances can be read as stand alones. To check out Unexpected Consequences and False Pretenses, the first two books, click here.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Six Sunday: Body Politics…feminist meets dom…

1. Ooooooh….what a sexy way to start off my Sunday! Lovely six. 🙂

2. Oh, I love how their conflicting states build up the tension here. Great six! 🙂

3. Sarah W says:

It’s unfair to make us wait for the next six, Cara! Is this out, yet?

4. Great tension, Cara. They appear to be perfect opposites.

5. Evelyn Jules says:

I wish, I wish, I wish you could give us the next six too! Oh well. Guess I’ll have to tune in next week. You drive a hard bargain. 😉 Awesome six, Cara!

6. I don’t want to wait either! Lovely six. As usual. 🙂

7. Ack! I want this book out now! I can’t wait until next week. *pouts*

8. I wish that you hadn’t shared wishing for the ability to share the next six because then my need for more wouldn’t have been ramped up by 100. That being said: fantastic six, as usual, with a sexy tension that just begs to spill over. Can’t wait for the release. Haha.

I wish you could give the next 6 too! Can’t wait for the release!

10. Terrific six and I’m all ready to read on, believe me! Can’t wait till the eighth!

11. Amy Gregory says:

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!! You can’t leave me hanging like that!!!! OMG girl! I guess I’ll go by myself a fan so that I can read this book without com-busting! LMAO, great six sweetie!

12. Oh you nasty tease! Great 6, especially last line!

You are such a tease making us wait for the next six, Cara! LOL can’t wait for this book!

14. Frank Fisher says:

Good tension! I wonder what that circle he draws on her arm means?

15. Kate Warren says:

So is he going to insist on paying for her drink? That would be very gentlemanly, and make her even more angry…which would be fun. Great six!

16. Paloma Beck says:

Ooh… Now I’m certain book three will be the best yet! The tension is palpable and that thumb swirl gets me every time. Eagerly awaiting next week’s excerpt.

17. Jenna Jaxon says:

I wish you could give the next six too! I can tell it’s going to be fantastic. I do love their encounter so far; I can’t wait to see how they progress. Awesome six!

18. Minelle says:

I am excited for this one! Yay!

19. I cant wait to read the next six. great build up here.

20. Wow, what a great premise. I wish you could give the next six too.

I hope he calms her down because she’s liable to spank him! lol Great six, Cara. Can’t wait for next week. 🙂