Don’t take the butt glass, Stephanie, don’t do it!

I feel like it’s the end of an era. Graduation, the last day of a job, locking the door and leaving a house you’ve sold. This is the final official Six Sentence Sunday post. Sara Brookes who founded it has decided to stop doing it.

I participated for about two years. At times I found it limiting. ONLY six sentences? But I need more! If I could squeak in one more, two more…but Sara was stickler for the rules. Though posting the blog was easy, it took hours out of my Sunday to visit other authors’ blogs and comment. I came to despise Captcha for the time it added to the process.

But I made friends, got to know other authors. I bought a lot books as a result of Six Sunday. My writing improved. Sometimes while working I’d ask myself, if this were a Six Sunday post, are these sentences as concise and descriptive as I would want them?

Now that Six Sunday has ended, I will participate in Saturday Spankings (up to 8 sentences!). Since I write DD, it’s a perfect fit for me. I’ll continue Stephanie and Mark’s story on Saturdays instead of Sundays.

In honor the the last official Six Sunday, I’m presenting ONLY six sentences from Body Politics. Stephanie, a feminist, and Mark, a chauvinist, are on a blind date. He likes her a lot. She’s not at all charmed by him.  She learns she’s in a spanko bar and storms out. She’s in the parking lot calling her friend who’d fixed her up when Mark appears.

“YOU FORGOT YOUR signature keepsake.” Mark held out the glass, relieved and pleased to find her in the parking lot. A primal instinct to chase and capture had ignited when she’d flounced out of the bar. He’d let her run to give her space, intending to track her down tomorrow. He’d had the cocktail waitress empty out her glass so he could give it to her, an excuse to see her again. But Stephanie had waited for him.

That glass plays an important role in the plot…What will Stephanie do now? Tune in next week (Saturday) to find out.

If I may ask a favor… False Pretenses, Rod and Cane 2, has been nominated by The Romance Studio for its annual CAPA award and I’ve been nominated as favorite author. Would you consider voting? False Pretenses is listed seventh in the Contemporary category and my name is listed first under Favorite Author. If you don’t vote for me, please consider voting for somebody. VOTE HERE. Thank you for your support!

Please check out the other authors of Six Sentence Sunday. Truly, this is your last chance!

Body Politics Blurb

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s going to be a wasted evening. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the date ends, she’ll never have to see him again. A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who discipline their women by spanking, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a man who spanks convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

Amazon  ♥  Amazon UK ♥  Barnes & Noble

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Don’t take the butt glass, Stephanie, don’t do it!

1. You are the opposite of me, Cara. I said it was the last day so I would post whatever I wanted. Maybe that shows the difference between us.

Six Sunday, even though I only did it for a few months, has been a great way to focus on a tiny portion and polish it to perfection. I found that nearly every time I put up a snippet, I then saw it with new eyes and made at least one or two improvements.

And from the woman who talked about Ana! of course your last Six Sunday is about a butt glass.

2. How can you not read a post titled ‘Don’t Take the Butt Glass’?

I was too new to participate in Six Sentence Sunday’s but I imagine, like any other ending, it’s bittersweet.

Looking forward to more sentences from you.

3. Evelyn Jules says:

Wow, I’m amazed and impressed that you’ve been doing this for two years. I only wish I’d found SSS sooner. I’ve had a blast getting to know other authors and reading their work. Once I came upon your writing, I made sure this blog was a regular stop on my Sunday. Thank you so much for contributing, and best of luck to you in your future projects! 🙂

Thanks, Evelyn. I know of a quite a few authors who joined in only recently. SSS has grown so much. I remember one week after I’d first started participating, I visited EVERY blog — but there were only 79.

4. Gem Sivad says:

Of course I’ll be following you on Saturday now. Love your boundary pushing spanking series. I’m so glad I met you in SSS. I’ll watch for you on twitter. 🙂

~gem

Thanks, Gem, that means a lot because I”m a fan of yours. I don’t think of myself as pushing boundaries, just trying to write something that’s a little different.

5. Jenna Jaxon says:

Love this snippet! Can’t wait to see if she does take the butt glass. 🙂 I’ll see you Saturday! And I voted for you! 🙂

6. Great post! SSS was such a fun ride! I’m going to miss it.

7. I loved the butt glass! What a fun idea.

I think I found out about SSS from you, so thank you. I agree w/Ana’s comment that every time I picked out my six (or seven) sentences I improved them by really focusing on those short snippets. It’s a great way to tighten up my writing.

Looking forward to Saturday Spankings…the posts, not the real thing.

8. Karla Doyle says:

I’ve loved participating in SSS for all the same reasons. One of the best parts about Six Sunday has to be meeting you, Cara!

Love the snippet. I’ll be back to follow all your offerings on Saturdays. Also, I want a butt glass. 😉

I want a butt glass too! Wouldn’t that make a great promo giveaway? The closest I found (thanks to Joseph McNamara) is a butt mug. Got it on my Pinterest Body Politics board. But if I ever found a glass, I’d buy one.

9. Eleri Stone says:

You had me at the title of your post;) So happy to have gotten to know you on SSS!

10. Dee Carney says:

Butt glass. Heh. That makes me giggle. Loved the six!

11. Laura Kaye says:

Butt glass! LOL Interesting set-up with these two!

12. Have enjoyed your Six Sentence snippets very much and today’s was no exception! I kind of took the liberty of it being the last day to post just a tad or two *over* six sentences on my blog LOL. Best wishes, so happy to have found your books thru this weekly meme.

13. sue says:

totally agree with your sentiments. and while six is limiting I’ve found that breaking my drafts into that format helps to clarify and improve the story. Thank you for your comments on my blog. They are invaluable

14. I’ve enjoyed reading your SSS posts, and will look forward to your saturday postings as well. And now on to this butt glass. I am sooo ready to know what the heck this is all about. I mean, really… how can you NOT be curious about a butt glass? Is it shaped like a butt? Or is this a dirty girl glass? 😉

It is shaped like a butt. The name of the bar is Bottom’s Up and her drink is Bottom Burner. I describe it in Body Politics.

15. S. J. Maylee says:

I love that she unconsciously didn’t take off right away and of course what happens next after this six. Yum! The butt glass, you need one for sure. I’ll let you know if I ever find one. Loved this story. Just added the Saturday Spankings to my Google Reader, so I wont miss them. So glad I found you, you’re one of my favs for sure.

It has been a pleasure joining you on Six Sentence Sunday for the last year or so and to read all your snippets. Good luck in your Saturday Spankings. As for your six, I wouldn’t be surprised if she take the glass and shatters it on the ground. Great six. 🙂

17. I’m glad we connected via Six Sunday. I’ve found so many new wonderful authors and it’s been a fantastic ride. Great, leading six to leave off with, Cara. See ya Saturday.

I love that your last SSS post is about the butt glass! 🙂 See you at Saturday Spankings, I hope:)

You bet! Wouldn’t miss it. And it’s easier to sign up on Sunday rather than Tuesday night. I was always in the middle of cooking dinner when I had to sign up for SSS.

19. LOL, love how he sees her as waiting for him, he’s a glass half full guy! I’ll miss you on Sundays! Enjoyed hanging out with you this last year! Good luck with everything!

20. Karysa Faire says:

I’m your fan–and all because of Six Sentence Sunday!

I’d never connected with the attraction to spanking, but you, with your kick-ass writing (or should that be slap-ass? haha) made me understand it just a bit. And maybe, just maybe, find it a bit arousing. 😉

But I’m not admitting anything. . .

Thank you, Karysa. I think with the right tone, just about anything can be sexy. Spanking is fun to write because it’s taboo. It’s a little shocking to people.

21. I think it’s interesting that she actually waited. Great six! And I LOVE the cover! I see you on twitter all of the time, so I’ll continue to keep up to date. 🙂

22. Amy Gregory says:

I was a bad girl too! Posting a whole section rather than just 6 sentences 😀 I’m so glad I’ve gotten to know you here, and I of course love your work. I have to to brag on your work a little here, I’ve read them all and well, I just can’t pick a favorite because they’re all that good. Thanks for all your support and I’ll continue to follow you on the new Sat site!!! Hugs,
    A

23. Goran Zidar says:

Butt Glass? Those words alone had me intrigued. Thanks for sharing 🙂

24. Ok, now my mind is boggling about this glass! This six captured my interest.

25. Amy Durham says:

I love this premise… the feminist and the chauvinist! I’ll miss Six Sunday, but I’ll come around on Saturdays to see what you’re up to!!
    Amy Durham

26. minelle says:

Love that butt glass! Clever, clever girl!
    I am glad you are a rule breaker as well as everyone else! Now we get more, and a day early!!!

27. Sarah W says:

I’m thinking she’ll try to break it over his head . . . but maybe not?

28. LOL – I wonder what she’ll do with the butt glass. And, I love that he thinks she is waiting for her. Fun six. All the best, Cara!

29. Kate Warren says:

Congratulations on your nominations, Cara!

Nice six. Can’t help wondering if she’ll take the glass, smash it, spank it and hand it back to him?

It’s been great doing SSS with you. 🙂

30. Wonderful as always! You are one of my favorite parts of SSS. I will miss this but I will visit often. Then, of course, there are always the books. Cheers! 🙂

31. Another great six. I love the humor underlying your snippets, and I can’t wait to read more of your full-length stories. I’m glad I’ve gotten to know you, and your stories, through Six Sentence Sunday. 🙂