Six Sentence Sunday: Just what kind of man IS Mark?

Squee! I’m having a great week! Body Politics released on Tuesday and is doing quite well on Amazon. It’s been named the debut Spanking Book of the Month selection on author Celeste Jones’ blog.

To recap what has gone on in the story, feminist Stephanie and Mark DeLuca, the deputy chief of police, have met for drinks in a blind date arranged by a mutual friend. When Stephanie finds out they’re in a spanko bar, she storms out and calls the friend who arranged the date. Elizabeth asks what Mark did to upset her. Stephanie answers, it isn’t so much what he did, but what he is. So here we go (the other person speaking is Elizabeth)…

“What is he?”

“A sexist,” she hissed. The most dangerous kind. The type who could entice a woman to abandon her principles for a screaming oh-baby orgasm. But not her.

Elizabeth laughed.

Body Politics contains feminist indignation, old-fashioned courtship, hot sex and plenty of spanking. The third book in the Rod and Cane Society series, it can be read as a stand-alone.

Amazon Buy Link ♥  Amazon UK ♥ Loose Id Buy Link (all ebook formats)

The official Body Politics blurb:

Feminist Stephanie Gordon knows the instant she meets blind date Mark DeLuca it’s going to be a wasted evening. Sure the deputy chief of police is criminally sexy, but he’s arrogant, domineering and sexist. Thank goodness after the date ends, she’ll never have to see him again. A member of the Rod and Cane Society, an organization of men who discipline their women by spanking, Mark DeLuca is attracted to Stephanie like a paddle to a well-rounded ass. He sees beneath the shield of feminist militancy to the soft, sensitive woman she tries to hide. When she storms away in a snit, the chase is on. Can a man who spanks convince a diehard feminist her true strength lies in submission?

Thanks for visiting! Please check out the other authors Six Sentence Sunday.

♥ ♥ ♥

Coming this week:

Monday, Jan. 14, 2013: Where I wring blood out of a stone Where the magic happens: pictures of my home office.

Thursday, Jan. 17 : guest author Constance Masters talks about her new spanking romance release, My House, My Rules, about a widow who connects with the man next door.

This entry was posted in Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Just what kind of man IS Mark?

1. Sarah W says:

I’d love to see the next six of this—should be a lively discussion!

2. Evelyn Jules says:

That settles it. I’m gonna have to get myself a copy! Love the cover, Cara, and this excerpt alone would have been enough to sell me on it. 🙂 Awesome work!

3. What good are principles in the face of “a screaming oh-baby orgasm” LOVE IT!

4. Stick to your principles, Stephanie! 😀

Congratulations yet again, Cara!

5. S. J. Maylee says:

Move over currently reading books, I have to shove this one to the top of the list. Congrats, Cara. I’m very happy it’s doing so well.

6. Gem Sivad says:

Big congrats on the success of Body Politics. I’m squeeing with you!! After reading you six today, there’s no way I can wait. Must. read. now. Amazon, here I come.

7. Karla Doyle says:

Congrats on a great week, Cara!

I’m definitely in favor of ditching principles for a screaming oh-baby orgasm. LOL

8. She says that now. LOL Congrats on the success of your new release! 🙂

9. Principles are overrated. LOL Great six!

10. LOL, love this line: “The type who could entice a woman to abandon her principles for a screaming oh-baby orgasm” Great 6!

11. I’ve loved every Rod and Cane society book thus far and I can’t wait until I can pick this up, too. You’ve always got the most wonderful tension (and release of that tension). 😉

12. Hmm, definitely fireworks ahead here! Great six!

13. Kate Warren says:

I love that Elizabeth laughed. Stephanie really, really needs to lighten up and not be so judgmental. I think Mr. Sexist can help her with that.

14. Silver James says:

Love the cover, congrats on the release/sales, and oh-baby….were can I get me one of those? Yeah, definitely loved this six and I think I want Liz for my new BFF! 😉

I love Stephanie. She’s a great character.

16. Karysa Faire says:

LOL. Love Elizabeth’s response — usually our friends know what’s best for us, even if we haven’t quite realized it.

17. And she left him? lol. Great six. Congratulations on your wonderful week, a lovely way to start the New Year. Hope it gets even better for you.

18. Congrats on your wonderful week. 🙂 I love this. Sounds like he’s going to have some fun breaking down her defenses. 😉

Congrats on the release and Spanking Book of the Month, Cara! Fun six and she’s in so much trouble. 🙂

20. Paloma Beck says:

This makes me think of ‘pride before the fall’.

21. minelle says:

I am so excited about the book club discussion!
    Great six!

22. Jenna Jaxon says:

I’m wondering if Elizabeth is familiar with the Rod and Cane Society herself? LOL I’m sure Stephanie is going to give her an earful. This just gets better and better.

23. Fun six! I love her conflicted feelings about the situation, and Mark. 🙂