#8Sunday: Destiny goes home (in another woman’s body)…

Before I get into today’s Weekend Writing Warriors post, I’d like to announce that TODAY, May 26, 2013, is the last day that you can download Disciplinary Measures for FREE. Disciplinary Measures is the fourth book (Loose Id calls it 3.5) in the Rod and Cane Society domestic discipline series but can be read as stand alone. Also, it’s the last day that Unexpected Consequences, the first book in the series, is on sale for $3.99 — 1/3 off.

Get one or both by clicking here.

Now, welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors and my snippet of Destiny’s Chance, which I’m calling my reincarnation romance with erotic spanking. To recap the previous posts, Destiny Grable was in a bad car accident with her friend Zoe. Destiny awakens in the hospital to find out she has been reincarnated in Zoe’s body. Chance, Zoe’s ex-boyfriend (thinking she’s Zoe), comes to pick her up. We’re in Destiny’s POV.

Good morning,” she lied.

“How do you feel?” He pecked her on the cheek, and she forced herself to remain still to receive it. Awkward. Zoe had told her a couple of months ago they’d broken up, yet they still lived together as roomies. But twice now he’d kissed Destiny. They hadn’t been sexual kisses, but still. Had they reunited?

Please visit the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors.

Destiny’s Chance Blurb

Destiny Grable can’t help that she’s fallen in love with  Chance Everett, her best friend’s boyfriend, but she’s never, ever acted on her feelings — until she and Zoe are in a car accident, her friend is killed, and she is reincarnated in her body. She never wished for something like this to happen, but perhaps now she’ll be free to love Chance the way she always wanted to.

Chance might have had pursued Destiny, but he has a kinky side and she was a nice girl. But now she’s dead, and the accident has forced him to take in his ex-girlfriend. As soon as she recovers and moves out, he’ll get on with his life.

Will two star-crossed lovers find happiness?

Destiny’s Chance on Amazon ∞ Amazon UK

Destiny’s Chance on Barnes & Noble

This entry was posted in My romances, Spanking and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to #8Sunday: Destiny goes home (in another woman’s body)…

1. Sue says:

She may be in Zoe’s body but she doesn’t have her memories which may be a good thing, or not…

2. Kylie Scott says:

Yep, she’d definitely be wondering what sort of reception to receive from him. I hope it’s a warm one.

3. I wonder if she feels exactly the same things that she did in her body or if Zoe’s body is really different. How will she explain her strange behavior when she goes home. I hope Zoe has a diary.

4. Evelyn Jules says:

Ooh, I love free things! I’m off to get my copy of Disciplinary Measures! Now, about this snippet, it’s fab! I’m really, really intrigued by the premise of this story. Can’t wait for more! 🙂

5. Viv says:

“Good morning,” she lied. <–Fantastic line. Says so much about her character and situation.

6. Oh man, this is going to get really complicated. Can’t wait!

Eep! And how do you ask without sounding completely insane? Great snippet, Cara. 🙂

8. S. J. Maylee says:

I feel so bad for Destiny at this point. So many questions and what she wants is standing right in front of her.

9. You’ve created quite an interesting situation here. What in the world happens next? Good eight.

10. She must be confused about so many things!

11. I am really loving this story. You’ve really set up an intriguing situation and I’m fully along for the ride! Another excellent excerpt!

12. A confusing situation to find herself in.

13. Jenna Jaxon says:

Talk about a waking nightmare! She’ll be constantly second-guessing until she can figure it out. Excellent way to produce tension! Great 8!

14. Kate Warren says:

She needs the answer to that question, pronto! Of course if they did get back together, she can always say she needs time to heal from the accident.

15. What a spot she is in – has the body but not the memories. This should definitely become an interesting challenge for her. Wonder does she have Zoe’s emotions – or her own?

16. Karysa Faire says:

Great premise. Looking forward to more next week!

17. Gemma Parkes says:

So many questions, she is going to have to trust her instincts l think and let him do all the running.

18. Cindy Amrhein says:

What a neat twist! If she tries to tell him, he’ll just blame it on the accident. Wow. Tough spot. I read the blurb. I’ll be interested to see how this plays out. Great 8!
    History Sleuth’s Writing mysteries

19. R Lee Smith says:

So…Destiny’s destiny is a chance at Chance?

20. Mandy Earles says:

What a complex situation. Wonder if she’ll come clean with him or just act on her impulses 😉 Nice snippet!