Spanking thesaurus: 57 ways to say spank

“Spank” is a great word…but you don’t want to wear it out. Lol. As authors we strive for word variation, not only to avoid jarring repetition, but to impart specific meaning. Though the actions of words might can be similar, intent, motivation and meaning can differ greatly. I first learned of the thesaurus when I was 12 years old, and it’s been a resource I’ve used ever since. However, my thesaurus doesn’t have an entry for “spank.” Go figure. ย Thesaurus.com does have an entry, although it is not nearly as comprehensive as one I’ve developed for myself.

For my spanking author friends…here are 57 ways to say spank:

1. Paddle
  2. Strike
  3. Swat
  4. Slap
  5. Smack
  6. Wallop
  7. Hit
  8. Bounce
  9. Kiss
  10. Caress
  11. Tease
  12. Glance (a blow)
  13. Meet (as in hand meets ass)
  14. Connect (hand to ass)
  15. Crack
  53. Punish
  54. Discipline
  55. Whup
  56. Inflict
  57. Whale (into)

ย ย Got any more ways to say “spank?”ย

This entry was posted in Romance writing, Spanking and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Spanking thesaurus: 57 ways to say spank

1. Michel says:

bring my hand down
    tenderise her rump
    crush her cheeks

Spell checks think tenderise is spelled with a ‘z’.

M

• saucywriter says:

Spell-checkers, in my experience, invariably use -ize endings to words such as tenderise and object to my using two ls in marvellous and travelling. As someone once remarked, the US and the UK are two nations separated by a common language!

Thanks for the exhaustive list, Cara, I think you have just about covered every possibility!

sw

2. Kayla Lords says:

I’m going to have to remember these. Thesaurus.com is usually my go-to, but yeah, it’s not always comprehensive…
    Thanks for sharing!

3. Yvette Hines says:

Excellent list. I’ve added a lot of these words to mine. Appreciate it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Grazed (across her ass)

4. Great list, Cara. Very helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Lisa Medley says:

You are a word ninja ๐Ÿ™‚ Love it!

6. Maren Smith says:

This really is a great list. I’m adding it to my author’s bible. You might want to add ‘blister’

7. You ARE a word ninja. I’m giggling – how did you come up with this post? ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Thianna D says:

Thanks Cara! I get tired of re-using the same 7 terms. Wonderful to have some new ones to ‘play’ with. I wonder what my characters will think.

I love Scorch!

What a fun (and very useful!) post! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. houston_switch says:

Cara
    You had “toast” twice and missed “roast”. Here is your punishment…
    I’m going to roast your rump until it will radiate enoughheat heat to toast my breakfast muffins.
    houston_switch

11. Oh wow Cara – this post got Chrossed! Love it. Need to print it out when I get stuck on a scene. ๐Ÿ˜‰

12. awesome list, Cara!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I can’t think of any to add.
    ๐Ÿ™‚
    congrats on getting Chrossed!

13. Leigh Smith says:

Love this list, must add it to your Naughty Word file.

I’m always looking for another word and have used many of them, but now I have some others. Thanks.

14. Richard Down says:

dont know about US but kids in Uk got “thrashed” in times past. It usually meant an implement like belt or cane being used