What would you put in an erotic romance #spanking gift basket?

I am donating an “erotic romance” gift basket to the Ozark Romance Authors to be raffled at its annual conference on September 21, 2013 in Springfield, Missouri. Since I write domestic discipline and spanking romances, I decided to give the basket a spanking theme. But the question is, what can I include that won’t break the bank?

• I bought a really cool basket (so cool, I’m tempted to keep it and purchase another for the raffle) and plan to include:
  • A print copy of Spanked! a domestic discipline anthology that includes Intimate Submission and Secret Desires, my first two spanking stories.
  • Wooden spoons
  • A ruler
  • A hair brush
  • A fly swatter shaped like a hand
  • An Amazon gift certificate
  • Some SWAG

I need things that show well and that have other uses besides spanking so that the basket has mass appeal.

Any suggestions?

This entry was posted in Romance writing, Social marketing, Spanking and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to What would you put in an erotic romance #spanking gift basket?

1. How about some nice lotions for after care?

What a cool idea! How about a rubber spatula? Those are handy. For cooking, among other things. 🙂

hmmm… I can’t think of anything else, sounds like you’ve thought of everything. I like the lotion for after care idea… and the spatula.

4. Alice Dark says:

I’m with Celeste on this one. Aftercare is important! I like Strawberry Body Butter best. But I’ve also tried Medina’s Coconut Butter. 🙂

5. Cara Bristol says:

All good ideas. Thank you. Please, keep them coming.

6. Perhaps you could include wine or “bottom heavy” glasses along with a list of recipes or just the winning version of the ingredients for making your “Bottom Burner.” If alcohol isn’t allowed, then consider offering a virgin version if possible.

7. houston_switch says:

Dice and deck of cards… great to have when playing sexy (spanking) games.

8. A few naughty things like a pretty scarf or a blindfold, a bowl scraping spatula, bubble bath, a feather duster or little tickler, hot fudge, body candle wax, a mini flogger, heart or red candles.

9. Perhaps a gift-certificate for a Victoria’s Secret or another lingerie type outlet. -You could include a catalog.

And Cara, you mention Amazon for a gift-certificate, perhaps Loose-Id or Blushing Books or one of the other Romance Authors purchase sites.

I thought of the others, Joseph, specifically Loose Id, but its gift certificate is only electronic. With Amazon, I can put a gift card in the basket.

10. Hand made chocolate paddles? You can’t have a gift basket without chocolate 🙂

11. Wines have all kinds of great names, check this one out! http://spankingbottomwine.com/

12. Cara Bristol says: