A little reckless phone sex…#SatSpanks, #WeWriWa

Every author has his or her favorite scenes. Some of my faves include the opening chapter of Body Politics when arch feminist Stephanie meets sexy but chauvanistic Mark on a blind date at spanko bar, when Lily in A Scent of Longing discovers she might be carrying a vampire baby, and when Dana of Reckless in Moonlight has sex while attempting to hold a conversation with her boss on telephone.

For Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, I’m going to present an eight sentence excerpt from the latter scene. Dana is our reckless heroine, Lon the devilish hero, and Claire….the clueless boss. In this scene, Dana is attempting to speak to Claire about a work crisis…

“To attempt to allay concerns”—Dana clenched her jaw to stifle a gasp when Lon parted her pussy lips and swirled his tongue around the bundle of extremely receptive nerves—“by…by raising the issue with the…uh… you know, uh, news media—” His lips slid over her skin, his tongue probed, his stubbled jaw rasped, and Dana’s mind skidded past the words to finish her sentence like wheels spinning on ice, unable to grab traction.

Lon growled and plunged his tongue into her cunt, lapping at her flowing juices. “Wouldonlyhavetheoppositeeffect,” Dana squealed.

“If you’re sure.” Claire usually deferred to Dana’s judgment, although it was decidedly suspect at the moment. All of Dana’s focus shifted to her pussy, where Lon was eating her out like she was his last meal. Engaging in oral sex while on the telephone was the kind of thing a sleazy politician would do, not a middle-class, middle-aged, formerly respectable woman.

Check out some of the fabulous authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors.

Please join me this coming week, August 19-23 for Historical Romance Week. I’ll have interviews with four fabulous historical romance authors: Celeste Jones(8/20), Barbara Bettis (8/21), Karla Tipton (8/22), and Renee Rose (8/23). On Aug. 19, I’ll have a overview of what you can expect.

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to A little reckless phone sex…#SatSpanks, #WeWriWa

1. Thianna D says:

LOL That was brilliant. I can see why it was one of your favorites. I loved it when all of her words ran together. That’s one of those scenes where you just want to see the expression on the character Claire’s face.

2. I agree with Thianna. Great scene, and I can immediately see why it is one of your favorites. Thanks for sharing, Cara.

3. There’s a risk to having phone calls without checking the conditions first. 🙂

4. Tara Finnegan says:

Oh, that’s just so naughty…I love it.

5. Oh my—that is a great scene. Might have to read the whole book now!

“eating her out like it was his last meal”—-hot and hilarious.

6. PK Corey says:

Love this, something to make you hat and makes you laugh at the same time. Now that’s fun.

7. Alice Dark says:

His tongue slid. His stubbled jaw rasped. Her mind skidded.

You give me so many sensensations and visuals in your writing. I love every word. It’s like poetry. I’m enraptured by your words, and I can see this naughty phone call so clearly.

Wonderfully done, Cara.

8. LA Cloutier says:

I can SO relate to this hot snippet. Very clear visuals, very nice. I can feel her irritation and her urgent need to get off the phone so she can focus on the pleasure.
    I love it when he takes the plunge and her words all run together in a high pitch squeal.
    Office oral- how naughty! Love it ~grins~

9. Abbie Adams says:

This is a great scene. I love the wordplay and the similes-

“Dana’s mind skidded past the words to finish her sentence like wheels spinning on ice, unable to grab traction.”

Awesome.

10. that is a perfectly lovely scene! I love Lou’s enjoyment. The squealed last words were perfect. 🙂

11. That made me giggle! He’s lovely!

12. Alice Dark says:

I had to come back one more time, Cara, for yet another read, and the answer to a question: Do you write poetry?

13. Great snippet. Extremely naughty and very hot!

14. That was such a perfect scene Cara! Funny and yet completely erotic 🙂

15. marysuewehr says:

Sexy scene, Cara. It felt as if I were ‘there’;)

16. That was hot. I’m just wondering why she picked up the phone in that position.

You can’t tell from this scene, but she had picked up the phone much earlier. She didn’t want to. She was going to ignore it, but Lon (who is a doctor) insisted she answer it. Then she got stuck talking to her boss. Lon started kissing her, one thing led to another, and he’s the one who insisted she stay on the phone.

17. S. J. Maylee says:

I love it! That was HOT. She’s one lucky woman. 🙂 Lucky her boss hasn’t figured it out and hopefully the call will end soon. Yum.

18. This is a fantastic book. I really enjoyed it. Great snippet!

19. Lauren Smith says:

excellent scene! This is so hot! I love the word choices you used!

20. Spicy, descriptive, and funny as hell.

21. And who hasn’t had a phone call come up right during sex, right? Very realistic scene and cute in a sexy way.

(No snippet for me this week. 🙂

22. Gemma Parkes says:

Yummy snippet very visual (I wish!) loved it!

23. sue says:

I remember all three scenes – all wonderful

24. Perfect. I wonder what’s so funny about putting characters in decidedly uncomfortable positions. But I love it. You write so well!

25. That is a great, HOT scene! I admire her for getting any words out whatsoever. I can see why it’s one of your favorites, just became one of mine LOL. Terrific snippet!

26. Caitlin says:

Sounds like she needs to get off the phone, before he makes her say something really embarrassing…

27. ED Martin says:

Great scene, but I feel so sorry for Claire if she ever found out!

This is funny and hot! Loved it!