What Alpha believes…#SatSpanks, #WeWriWa

Look! A cover for Breeder! So thrilled that Loose Id, my publisher, used the artwork I had been using to depict Omra and Dak, the characters in Breeder, an erotic sci-fi novel to be released October 15, 2013.

My snippets for Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors will jump around a bit, but this week’s follows shortly after last week’s excerpt in which Dak, the hero, examines Omra, a breeder that he might purchase. This is what crosses his mind:

A clitoris it was called. A mishap of nature with no function or purpose.

He’d heard ribald snickers that Terran males manipulated—sometimes even licked or sucked—the clitoris of their females to bring them to a rapturous state. Parseon females had clitorises double the size of humans and brought them no pleasure at all. And even if they had, what would it matter? Males did not concern themselves with pleasing females. A breeder served the male—not the other way around. Protocol decreed it.

Dak just might be in for an awakening. Just sayin’…

Unofficial Breeder blurb

To secure his legacy, Commander Dak, a ruling Alpha of planet Parseon, purchases Omra, a breeder slave. He intends to impregnate her, produce a son, and hand her off to his anointed beta partner. As Dak and Omra discover a sexual bliss banned by law, he begins to question Protocol-sanctioned male domination, causing him to jeopardize his command and endanger the life of the woman he has come to love.

Breeder explores the concepts of gender roles and social prohibitions against deviant behavior. It includes graphic M/F and M/M sexual content and violence, including nonconsensual domestic discipline.

Check out the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to What Alpha believes…#SatSpanks, #WeWriWa

1. Mmm, yes!
    So sexy in so many different ways!
    And by the way, OUCH! twice the size?! I bet those poor women don’t want to be touched there! 😉
    I’m so happy to be a normal Earth human 😉
    I love the fact that he is considering pleasuring her.
    Very nicely done, Cara!

2. Dinah McLeod says:

Cara, I think this was very sexy. I have to admit I shivered after reading this, it’s clear that he is VERY alpha male. Nice work!

3. Maren Smith says:

Yay! You got the cover you wanted! At the same time, poor Omra! He not only doesn’t care about the clitoris, he had no intention of using it. Hopefully, that’s a decision he’s not going to stand by for long. Great snippet, Cara.

4. Emily Tilton says:

Cara, you are so naughty. Awesome.

5. LA Cloutier says:

Oh my, a clitoris double in size. But it brings the woman no pleasure? :(.
    Love the suspense you left at the bottom of your snippet. I can’t wait for Daks surprise.

6. Tara Finnegan says:

“A clitoris it was called. A mishap of nature with no function or purpose.”

What a pleasant surprise he’s in for, if he can climb of his dom seat long enough to find out “what would it matter”.

It’s stark and cold, but all he is looking for is a breeder…or is it. I look forward to this.

Sounds like he’s doing a very thorough examination. Naughty, naughty scene.

8. Cara Bristol says:

Wait until you hear what other funny ideas Parseon males have about women!

9. Suzy says:

Nice cover Cara…love it. And great snip…cant wait to see what’s in store next week. Will he or wont he?

10. John Satisfy says:

Fun, playful snippet Cara. Can’t wait to see what else you have. And the cover is fantastic.

11. Thianna D says:

lol “A clitoris it was called. A mishap of nature with no function or purpose.” Yeah, I think Dak would find a lot of Terran males kind of have no idea of it either 😉

12. A mishap of nature? I bet he’ll be changing his tune soon. Just a couple more weeks to wait for this one.

13. I’m so looking forward to this book Cara and what a gorgeous cover!!

14. Jenna Jaxon says:

Love the cover, Cara. This book sounds so awesome! Can’t wait for its release!

15. A clitoris a mishap of nature. Heaven forbid, Cara! Lol. Love the creativity of this story.

Great cover. The woman reminds me of Kim Basinger. Gorgeous!

16. PK Corey says:

Sounds like what men have believed for ages! Great snipped, this one is a must read.

17. marysuewehr says:

Dak is going to find out exactly what a ‘clit’ is for and I have a feeling he’s going to enjoy it. Nicely done, Cara. He’s considering pleasing her and that a plus!!

18. Wow, the premise for this is actually scary. I like that it’s an exploration of cultural gender issues. Nice. 🙂

19. Patricia Green says:

There are still some men who think that way. Ew. Well written, Cara. I want to thunk him in the head.

20. Evelyn Jules says:

Okay, LOVE the cover! So perfect. And this excerpt just confirms the fact that I NEED THIS BOOK. Awesome work, Cara! 🙂

21. Millie Burns says:

Hmm, fun to see what happens next.

22. Michelle says:

the cover is gorgeous. poor Dak and his beta. They are both going to learn a lot

23. Well he’s definitely in for more than a few surprises, given the way he’s currently thinking. Can’t wait to read this! Another excellent excerpt…

I think he might just have to see what sucking it does…

25. J.A. says:

Amazing cover! And October 15th on the calendar now has your name on it! Well done with this eight–it made me both cringe (double the size w/out pleasure? Yikes!) and laugh out loud (clits are a mishap of nature?). Very well done!

26. S. J. Maylee says:

I’m definitely looking forward to Dak’s awakening. Just a couple more weeks. Ugh. I want this now. 🙂

27. Wow, evocative 8, Cara, great job! Yes, I would dearly love to see him get schooled 🙂

28. Anne Lange says:

I like the premise of this story. Very creative. I do think he’s in for a surprise and a lesson! Nice snippet.

29. Stunning Cover!!!! Kind of a funny snippet. I have a feeling his opinions will change during the course of this book. I can’t wait to read it! Yay you!!!

30. Caitlin says:

Yay, pretty cover!

That’s some arrogant thinking. Makes me glad that I can tell from your blurb that he’ll be sorry for his opinions, eventually.

31. Cara Bristol says:

Thank you everyone for your comments. I think today’s post has demonstrated the challenges of excerpting eight lines and presenting it out of context. I don’t want Dak to come across as a “neanderthal” asshole. This is a science fiction story with alien (albeit humanoid) characters. Dak is a product of his Parseon race, which holds that its females are genetically inferior. Taken within the context of his world, it all makes perfect sense. I hope today’s post has not turned anyone off the story.

32. Maggie Wells says:

I love how you convey his sense of wonder and how it’s at war with what he knows to be true culturally. You can tell that Dak is truly intrigued. 🙂

33. Gemma Parkes says:

Well I hope he discovers the wonder of pleasing a woman! Great 8 Cara!

34. Heather Boyd says:

That man needs a new experience to shake up his beliefs. Real soon. LOL Great 8.

35. love the cover art 🙂 beautiful. and the snippet is great too. I like the nice touch of the Paerson world view given through a discussion of clitorises.

36. Wow! Great snippet and beautiful cover art to go with it.

37. Hey, as long as he’s learning and growing, it’s all good.