Thankful -adj. conscious of a benefit received
Though I try to acknowledge the many things for which I am thankful on a daily, if not moment by moment basis, on this Thanksgiving Day holiday, I would like to take a moment to count the things for which I am grateful:
- My health. I do not take this for granted ever. I have lost several friends who were far too young to die, and know many who suffer challenging health issues.
- My husband. He was worth waiting for.
- My friendship with my stepdaughter. It did not come easy or fast.
- My writing career. I finally get to do what I love. It brings me joy every day–even when it’s challenging.
- My “real life” friends and my cyber author friends who have given me so much support and encouragement.
- For comfort. I have enough to eat and a roof over my head, and I want for nothing I need.
- That I can spend this day with family and friends.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!