#Satspanks, #wewriwa: blurring the lines in Breeder…

CB_Breeder_coverinMany of you voted for Breeder in the TRS Sweetheart contest, and it won! Breeder has been featured this week on the TRS homepage. Thank you, everybody. For Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, I’m going to continue with excerpts from Breeder until the first of the year, when I’ll switch to something else. Maybe Breeder 2: Terran. I finished the first draft of  the second novel this week!

Breeder also has been nominated by Lina Sacher as a “columnist’s kinky favorite” in the Smut Book Awards. If you’d care to cast another vote, you can click here and scroll about midway down the page to Lina’s nominations.

Speaking of awards, on Monday, Dec. 16, I’ll present the third annual Best Books of the Year Awards. These are my most favorite books that I read during 2013. Tune in on Monday!

Now for my weekly eight sentence snippet:

“Do not look at me like that.” The line blurred between command and entreaty.

“How am I looking at you, Commander?” She cocked her head, an innocent enjoying her moment of power.

In a flash he closed the distance to tower over her. Had he glowered so fiercely when he first had bought her, he would have scared her to death. But not now. “Like you are inviting me to drag you into a vacant vendor stall”—he scanned the alley and lowered his voice for her ears only—“and fuck you every which way until the next Market day.”

Breeder blurb

To secure his legacy, Commander Dak, a ruling Alpha of planet Parseon, purchases Omra, a breeder slave. He intends to impregnate her, produce a son, and hand her off to his anointed beta partner. As Dak and Omra discover a sexual bliss banned by law, he begins to question the traditions and ways of his people, causing him to jeopardize his command and endanger the life of the woman he has come to love.

Breeder contains M/F and M/M sexual practices and domestic discipline.

Breeder on Amazon ♥ On Barnes & Noble ♥ On ARe

Please visit the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors.

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to #Satspanks, #wewriwa: blurring the lines in Breeder…

Oh he’s just so sexy!! He can drag me behind a stall…

2. oo yum! yes, Dak is definitely worthy of being dragged somewhere 😀

3. Emily Tilton says:

It feels wrong to call this one cute, but I think it is!

No, I understand what you mean. Although Dak is a powerful Alpha, he has never experienced an intimate relationship with a woman before. He is not a virgin, like Omra was, but they are both innocent.

4. PK Corey says:

I have to get to reading this soon because I need to know if all this is going to back fire on Dak.

5. Leigh Smith (aka Sunny Girl) says:

It’s interesting to watch him deal with feelings that are foreign to him and he doesn’t know what to do with them. Well written.

6. LA Cloutier says:

Dak might look fierce on the outside but he’s very tender, compassionate and caring on the inside. Still loving this book, Cara!

7. Patty Devlin says:

Oh gosh this fills my mind with naughty pictures.

8. Bella Bryce says:

my new favourite line, “the line blurred between command and entreaty.” Excellent!

9. Hot. Love every bit of the description.

10. Finished this one up on Thursday and was sad to see it end. The snippet made me want to forget so I could enjoy it for the first time all over again. ~sigh~ I’m looking forward to book 2

11. 1st, congrats on the terrific acknowledgement of Breeder’s success.
    2nd, oh my goodness, I am fanning myself, Dak is one very intriguing Alpha.

12. Thianna D says:

Great snippet. And Sci-fi and romance are such a wonderful combo 😀

13. Eleri Stone says:

Oh, that’s hot! And I love this> “The line blurred between command and entreaty.”

14. Gemma Parkes says:

Sexy as always Cara! Congrats on your win!

15. Well I LOVED Breeder so I’m thrilled there’s going to be another story in the series. Great excerpt today, I loved Omra’s teasing him. It was so interesting to watch her character grow during the events of the novel.

16. Every vote counts and I voted for Breeder. Congrats on your success and more to follow. Good eight today. Super hot.

17. S.J. Maylee says:

He makes me all melty. 😀 Fabulous snippet. I can’t wait for Breeder 2!

18. sue says:

blurred between command and entreaty… very nice

19. Ah, the moment when a not-so-innocent young person realizes she possesses power over the individual who lays claim to her soul. Another wonderful snippet, Cara, and I look forward to reading more until January, then delving into book 2. Thank you for sharing.

20. Caitlin says:

Congratulations! 🙂

Whew, those two are in over their heads, feeling-wise.

I like that she recognizes her own power. Nice snippet, Cara, and congratulations on your win! 🙂