Breeder 2: Terran: the sparks begin…#SatSpanks, #Wewriwa

Welcome to Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors, where in just eight simple sentences you can get the taste and flavor of an author’s work. I’m featuring Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi romance series that has been submitted (but not accepted yet) for publication.

Enough intro! On with the show:

The vendoress bestowed a wide smile on her beta customer, and the male’s mouth curved in response until he noticed Marlix. His congeniality vanished, and the color bled from his face. The beta snapped a hasty salute, clutched his purchase under his arm, and scurried from the store, followed by two other customers who had been browsing.

The vendoress planted her boot-shod feet wide apart, anchored her hands on her hips, and glared at him. “Well, you do know how to clear a room.” Her tone and countenance glowered with enough disrespect to warrant punishment by themselves, but on no account should a female address Alpha without prior acknowledgement.  Had she been Parseon, Marlix would have disciplined her. But the treaty with Terra awarded her diplomatic immunity.

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate all your comments. Please check out some of the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors.

Breeder 2: Terran – the unofficial blurb:

Tara Diehl, the heroine of Breeder 2: Terran

Tara Diehl, the heroine of Breeder 2: Terran

As vigilante killings in protest of the heterodox Enclave and its deviant male-female couplings increase across Parseon, Commander Marlix seeks protective uniforms for his inner guard. The special composite fabric is only available from the Terrans, with whom his planet has an alliance. He expects to be repulsed by the vendoress of an alien race he loathes, but instead he is amused and attracted by the female’s bold appearance and brash behavior. When she is injured in an attack, he whisks her away to his underground bunker abode to recover. His intent is to help her, so he can’t understand. Why does she fight him so?

After fleeing loneliness and heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most vendors until she is kidnapped by an Alpha, one of the five rulers of the planet. At first she’s terrified of her tall, muscled abductor, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggles with some force of his own. After all her methods and ploys to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.

But out of  seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause both Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, and threatens their relationship and her life.

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi series, is a “capture” romance involving a domineering but hunky alien, a female with a bad dye job and an even worse attitude, graphic sex, and spanking.

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Breeder 2: Terran: the sparks begin…#SatSpanks, #Wewriwa

1. wow, I love her here. Crossing my fingers that this gets accepted by your publisher quick so I can buy it 🙂

2. Leigh Smith (aka Sunny Girl) says:

This sounds great – can’t wait for the new release.

3. PK Corey says:

‘Diplomatic immunity’ hmm…wonder how far that going to get her.

I wonder how long he’ll respect that diplomatic immunity…

5. Ashe Barker says:

I’m thinking the diplomatic immunity might be a bit of a smokescreen. Doubt that’ll last long. Intriguing snippet

6. Sheri Savill says:

“Submitted (but not accepted yet)” … surely a mere formality? Great work *as always*, Cara!

7. Tara Finnegan says:

Looking forward to this, two such different backgrounds and sets of beliefs are sure to lead to many sparks flying.

8. LA Cloutier says:

Tara Diehl sounds like a feisty little force. Marlix is going to have his work cut out for him I think.
    Can’t wait for this release!

9. Can’t wait for this. Now I have to go back to Breeder to refresh my recollection of Marlix.

Love the description of her as a woman w/a bad dye job and even worse attitude. 🙂

10. Very interesting snippet indeed. I am curious to see where this goes. Thank you for sharing.

11. She sounds like one strong-willed funky lady. I like her – even her hair!

12. Mary Wehr says:

She really should be careful how she chooses her words. I got a feeling they’ll come back and bit her in the butt;)

Excellent! There’s going to be a lot of great tension between them, I’m sure!

14. Laurel Lasky says:

I loved the breeder and can’t wait to read Breeder 2

15. Patty Devlin says:

Oh my goodness…. I don’t think I even have to tell you how much I’m dying to get my hands on this!

16. If we start a letter-writing campaign to your publisher will they accept and publish faster? 😉 ‘Cause I really want to read this book!

17. Gem Sivad says:

I have a feeling he’s very willing to “discipline” her. 😀

18. Eleri Stone says:

Wow, so much going on there. Hooked!

19. Intriguing eight, foreboding implications and what in the world comes next?

20. Evelyn Jules says:

So excited to see a second book in the Breeder series! This one sounds just as compelling as the first one. Your characters are always so cleverly written. Great job, Cara! 🙂

21. Ballsy. I love her. The blurb is fantastic. I can’t wait to read this one. Great snippet.

22. As always, I want more! I hope your publisher gets this into our hands QUICK! Another excellent excerpt….

23. How dominate- and love this scene.

24. Alexis Duran says:

What an interesting and tension filled scene in just eight sentences! I’m really curious as to why Marlix cleared the shop. Maybe everyone is afraid of him? I like that the vendoress isn’t. Can’t wait to read more.

I love the taste of women standing up to him. Nicely done, Cara. 🙂

26. S.J. Maylee says:

Saved by the diplomatic immunity. Wonder how long that will last. Tara must have been a lot of fun to write. 🙂

She was. I developed her in Breeder, book one, before I knew I would make it a series. So her character was locked in. It made her fun to write, but challenging at sometimes. For instance: how do you disguise a woman who has pink hair and full sleeve tattoo on her right arm when the “uniform” bares the upper right side of the body?

27. She’s definitely got spunk, doubt that she’d ever cower/

28. Millie Burns says:

Oh wow, looking forward to seeing how this works out.

29. Caitlin says:

She’s going to need that diplomatic immunity. The problem is, the system on this planet has a lot of ‘might makes right’ to it. So I agree with the other comments. It’s not going to keep her safe long.

30. Wonerful snippet Cara as always 🙂

31. Lucky girl to have received diplomatic immunity. Can’t wait to read this one, Cara. Hope you get a publishing date soon….