#SatSpanks, #WeWriWa & Breeder 2: Terran: a colorful vision…

Welcome back to Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors. I did not post for two weeks past because I was out of town. But I’m baaack…and so is Terran, the second book of the Breeder sci-fi romance  series, which I debuted two weeks ago. Terran has been submitted to Loose Id, and I am anxiously awaiting a yay or nay on publishing.

This scene occurs early in the story. The hero (Marlix)  is outside the heroine’s stall at a Bazaar and he is giving her the once-over. He is Parseon, she is Terran, and he does not like humans.

Marlix scrutinized the vendoress, clothed in a garish mottled green and brown uniform. “She walks like a male with an overabundance of confidence,” he denounced her and continued his appraisal. Terrans did not attain the height of Parseons, although this one’s legs stretched surprisingly long for a creature as small as she.

“That she does,” Urazi agreed, “but her…plumage…is quite,” he paused, struggling to extract a word to describe the shock of pink hair. “Fowl like.”

Coro.” Marlix nodded. Even the bright feathers of the indigenous bird could not compare with the hues of the female’s hair or her bare right arm, which appeared to be purple.

Thank you for visiting. Please check out the other authors of Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors.

Unofficial Terran Blurb:

Tara Diehl, the heroine of Breeder 2: Terran

Tara Diehl, the heroine of Breeder 2: Terran

As vigilante killings in protest of the heterodox Enclave and its deviant male-female couplings increase across Parseon, Commander Marlix seeks protective uniforms for his inner guard. The special composite fabric is only available from the Terrans, with whom his planet has an alliance. He expects to be repulsed by the vendoress of an alien race he loathes, but instead he is amused and attracted by the female’s bold appearance and brash behavior. When she is injured in an attack, he whisks her away to his underground bunker abode to recover. His intent is to help her, so he can’t understand. Why does she fight him so?

After fleeing loneliness and heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most vendors until she is kidnapped by an Alpha, one of the five rulers of the planet. At first she’s terrified of her tall, muscled abductor, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggles with some force of his own. After all her methods and ploys to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.

But outof  seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause both Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, and threatens their relationship and her life.

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi series, is a “capture” romance involving a domineering but hunky alien, a female with a bad dye job and an even worse attitude, graphic sex, and spanking.

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to #SatSpanks, #WeWriWa & Breeder 2: Terran: a colorful vision…

1. Leigh Smith says:

A walking rainbow, the images it conjures.

2. PK Corey says:

Not sure this is the best place for a confident walk, but it all sounds lovely.

3. That made me giggle. I know Loose Id will say yes – just worried it will take so long to get it out!

4. Ooh, what a wonderfully evocative world you weave! The blurb, the excerpt, all lovely!

5. There’s nothing wrong with pink hair 🙂 Nice snippet.

6. LA Cloutier says:

I love her confidence. I had to giggle at Marlix’s comparing her to “fowl”. The picture you chose to represent her is wonderful. Love the pink hair.
    Of course Loose-ID is going to accept this, but I know the feeling and anticipation while you await that acceptance letter.

7. Ashe Barker says:

Gorgeous image, colourful and sharp. I like her swagger, and their interest in her long legs

8. Great snippet. I look forward to reading – thanks for sharing!

9. You paint such vivid images Cara. I loved this snippet 🙂

10. Raya Ezelle says:

Oh, I so love the description of the heroine. Her pink hair and her purple arm? hee hee. Sounds like someone who would clash with such a society. Wonderful chance for some ‘bickering’ and a little ‘swatting’.

ooh, love the premise of this one! Very exciting!

12. Really terrific descriptions here.

13. If Marlix doesn’t like her, I don’t think she will like him either.

14. Fantastic description, colorful prose, a wry tone — I love it!

15. Love the description, especially his denouncing her male-like confidence. 🙂

16. Oh this WILL be a fun read! Best wishes on a rapid acceptance from your publisher (if they don’t snap it up they’re crazy). Can’t wait to read the whole book! Great snippet.

17. You’ve captured the scene perfectly. It can be hard to picture things we aren’t familiar with, but you’ve painted a wonderful picture.

18. I love how Marlix struggles with her appearance! great snippet

19. S.J. Maylee says:

By the end of your snippets I’m so hooked. Love how alive and colorful it feels. Fab snippet.

20. Caitlin says:

She does sound colorful–and out of place. I can sense the sparks that are going to fly already!

21. Millie Burns says:

I like the way I’m imagining her so far…she’s spunky. Great eight this week!

22. This sounds so wonderful. Every time you present it, I get anxious for it to be published.

23. Trent Evans says:

Love that pierced, wild-child heroine! If the sequel is as smokin’ as the first one was, I can’t wait to read it!

24. Love the description of her. She sounds awesome and even feisty. Sparks are going to fly between them. I hope they say yes to publishing it!

25. sue says:

What a unique human she is, and it is that difference that attracts her to him. Vendress? really?

26. Sheri Savill says:

Just awesome — as always, Cara. Wow. Apropos of nothing, I had pink in my hair once, like Tara, BTW. Oh yeah, piercings. It’s kinda the basic look on my … planet. Heh. 😉 snort

27. Anne Lange says:

Welcome back! Great description. There confusion and shock comes through clear in so few sentences. She sounds fun. I like fun. 🙂

28. Suzy says:

Love it! Plumage 😉 Great excerpt. I cant believe you are already on the next book!

29. I’m really looking forward to Terran, Cara. Hope your editor is able to get her desk cleared off soon. Your readers are impatiently waiting. Great snippet, BTW.

30. K.L. Silver says:

Very interesting, indeed! I haven’t read much fantasy erotica – this sounds ‘fantas-tic!
    Hope you stop by and visit my first attempt at a blog hop!
    KL Silverxx