Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend. My little corner of the world is busy, busy, busy. Here’s a wrap-up with the highlights from last week and a sunny forecast for the days ahead.
Business from last week:
- Congratulations to “Natasha Donohoo,” the 49th commenter on my Valentines Gift Hop post. She won the $25 Amazon gift certificate. Eight-seven people posted comments. Thank you to all who participated. A big thanks to Skye Warren who organized and hosted the event. Her hops are the most successful ones I’ve ever participated in.
- Big, big news! Last Monday, I mailed the contract to Loose Id for Terran. This is the second book in the Breeder science fiction romance series. I’m very eager to start editing with Loose Id and get this book published. You can read a Terran excerpt here.
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, LazyDay Publishing released Milestones, an anthology of seven domestic discipline romance stories, written by the seven authors of Coming to Terms: myself, Celeste Jones, Alta Hensley, Renee Rose, Jade Cary, Sue Lyndon and Anastasia Vitsky.
Coming up this week:
- To celebrate the release of Milestones, the seven of us are having a drawing contest to win a copy of our first anthology, Coming to Terms. All you have to do is post a comment on one of the author blogs. Each author will excerpt from her story in the book. Today is Alta Hensley’s day. I’ll post a snippet from my story on Wednesday, Feb. 19. If you missed one of the earlier posts, you can still go back and catch it:
Renee Rose – February 14
Celeste Jones – February 16
Alta Hensley – February 17
Jade Cary – February 18
Cara Bristol – February 19
Sue Lyndon – February 20
Anastasia Vitsky – February 21
- Also on Wednesday, Feb. 19, I’ll be over at Romance Cooks with my world famous “Apricot Breakfast Cookie” recipe. Okay, maybe they’re not world famous (yet) but I did bake several hundred and hand them out at last year’s Romantic Times Convention in Kansas City. Pop over to Romance Cooks on Wednesday to grab this recipe.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, I’ll have a spotlight on Married to the Job by Cindy Racette. I love work-related romance stories. Cindy comes from a writerly family; her daughter is the multi-published Cassandra Carr.
- On the writing front, I expect to finish the first draft of Long Shot, my story in the Corbin’s Bend domestic discipline series developed by Thianna D. Corbin’s Bend is a fictitious Colorado community where all the residents are spankos. How could not write for this series? My initials are the same as the series “CB” –Cara Bristol/Corbin’s Bend—and in my very first job, the company I worked for was on Corbin Avenue. Want to find out more about the series? Click here.
What do you have going this week?