8Sunday: From Terran…Marlix tells it like he sees it…

CB_Terran_coverlgThis snippet from Terran, book 2 of the Breeder sci-fi romance series, follows soon after last week’s in which Marlix grabbed a handful of Tara’s pink hair.

“Your people’s customs and traditions are repugnant,” he said.

What nerve! Who said such a thing to another person’s face? “Well, that’s a little rude, isn’t it?” Tara scowled.

“Rude? What is rude? I speak the truth.”

Terran is available on Amazon

Terran Blurb

After fleeing heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most until she is kidnapped by Alpha Marlix, a ruling commander. At first her tall, muscled abductor terrifies her, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggle for freedom with some force. When her attempts to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.

But out of seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, threatening not only their relationship, but also their lives.

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi series, is a “capture” romance involving a domineering but hunky alien, and a female with a bad dye job and an even worse attitude.

Thank you for visiting. Please check out the other authors of Weekend Writing Warriors.

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 8Sunday: From Terran…Marlix tells it like he sees it…

1. Jenna Jaxon says:

I see they have a difference of opinion on the word “rude.” I suspect both are correct. LOL But I just love her spunky nature. Love their tension. I need to add this series to my summer reading list! Great 8!

2. Gem Sivad says:

Might I suggest kick in the arse and a class in people skills for Marlix? 😀

LOL, Gem. He wouldn’t attend. Marlix didn’t go to any of the briefings when the Parseon-Terran treaty was signed.

3. Pillow talk in Sci-fi land. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

4. Crackling dialogue between these two!

5. S.J. Maylee says:

I love how well you show the differences between them. It’s funny and thought provoking too. You’re awesome. Loved this book!

6. Tina Christopher says:

Lol, I am with Gem;). Great tension between the two. It leaves me hungry for more. *walks away to see if it’s available on kobo*
    It was great meeting you at RT.

7. Hmm, he doesn’t sugarcoat things, does he? LOL Very intriguing characters — can’t wait to read the whole thing. 🙂

8. Truth maybe, but he’s still rude on any planet LOL. Loved this book, can’t wait for the next one! Terrific snippet…

There’s truth, and then there’s tact. Great snippet, Cara. 🙂

10. Caitlin says:

I’m guessing he feels he’s not rude, because no one can really question him. But just because it isn’t your culture, doesn’t mean you get to judge, buddy!

11. Kind of caveman-ish (not a word, I know). The electricity between the two is really crackling. Good snippet.

12. Millie Burns says:

Oh boy. What a prick! I sure hope she puts this guy in his place…and soon!