When captured by an alien, play dead. A snippet from Terran…

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi romance series, released this week and is now available on Amazon! It is climbing the charts and has hit three bestseller lists (sci-fi romance, fantasy romance, and Kindle sci-fi romance).

Amazon Buy Link (for Kindle) ♥ Loose Id (all ebook formats)

All Romance (all ebook formats)

Welcome to Saturday Spankings and Weekend Writing Warriors in which authors present 8-sentence excerpts from their work. To visit the other authors, click on the links. My eight:

HCB_Terran_coverlgeart pounding, she rearranged her body as it had been before the males had left the room.

The door smashed against the wall. Breathe slowly. Breathe slowly. Don’t move.

“You are not unconscious,” Marlix growled.

For several seconds Tara considered continuing the ruse. He couldn’t know for sure she was awake, right?

Terran blurb

After fleeing heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most until she is kidnapped by Alpha Marlix, a ruling commander. At first her tall, muscled abductor terrifies her, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggle for freedom with some force. When her attempts to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.

But out of seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, threatening not only their relationship, but also their lives.

Terran, the second book in the Breeder sci-fi series, is a “capture” romance involving a domineering but hunky alien, and a female with a bad dye job and an even worse attitude.

Thank you for visiting and commenting!

This entry was posted in Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to When captured by an alien, play dead. A snippet from Terran…

1. I love the header – thanks for the advice… 🙂 very cute snippet. You are currently in line behind Thianna’s Corbin’s Bend release. I’m a lucky girl – so many awesome new releases these weeks!

2. PK Corey says:

I just finished this book yesterday and I loved it! Please tell me there will be more in the series.

Thank you! There will be more. I am working on Book 3, WARRIOR. And I may do a fourth book, PROGENY.

3. I’m like Natasha, you are on my Kindle, just moving down the line. I loved the snippet, very engaging!

4. Emily Tilton says:

I adore how you can paint such distinctive characters so economically, Cara!

5. Leigh Smith says:

It’s on my kindle and now I just have to find the time to read. Have a feeling it’s a bedtime story some night.

6. Mary Wehr says:

Loved the snippet, Cara!!

7. OOh playing dead? You naughty girl, Tara. I suspect you’ll never manage to get away with such a thing. But I am curious… what happens next 😉 ???

Congrats on the top 100 lists!! I”m looking forward to reading this one!

9. Dinah McLeod says:

Run, Tara, run!! 😉

10. Joelle Casteel says:

Oo Marlix is great here… I love Tara debating if she should keep playing dead

This part was cute and funny, despite the severity of her situation at the time. I’m almost done reading… 🙂

12. Sounds like a fun read! Congratulations on the release. Nice to see SFR on Weekend Writing Warriors!

13. Nice eight. She’s a smart girl but in a bad predicament.

14. Ecellent! I love Tara and the approach she takes to everything. Never at a loss, not this girl! Great snippet!

15. Botanist says:

The scene is well-described, but in such a short snippet without context it’s impossible to tell whether she’s shy, playful, or scared. Then I read the first comment and actually read the post header 🙂 Makes a lot more sense now, and got me wondering how she thinks feigning unconsciousness is going to help her. Is she hoping to take him by surprise?

16. Gemma Parkes says:

She’s playing a dangerous game! Holding my breath until next snippet!

17. I can feel her tension and fear here, good job!

18. Gem Sivad says:

Too late. She’s busted. Loved this book even more than your first in the Breeder series.

19. Ashe Barker says:

I doubt that playing dead will work, but worth a try. This is on my TBR list too. There are so many fabulous stories out just now

20. Caitlin says:

People are never as good at pretending to be asleep as they think–maybe because we don’t know what we really look like, when we’re sleeping. She better not push her luck, he doesn’t sound like he’s in a good mood!

21. This is good, Cara! I realized by the end of these short sentences that I was identifying with her and her situation. Nicely done! 🙂

22. Sarah W says:

I’ll bet he knows a lot of things!

I really like this premise.

23. I think her fear might give her away especially now that she is so worried that her ruse has not gone unnoticed. Good snippet.